I am so freaking OCD!

Be yourself and maybe someone else if you have it in you.

Moderators: GlamDude, jim_test, The Ghost of Case

lenawest
My Laptop Smells Like Cat Piss!

I am so freaking OCD!

Postby lenawest » Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:51 pm

So, my day is tiring enough without realizing I hadn't wiped off all the counters by noon, my sister's laundry was still in the washer from 6 am, paperwork like mad, and customer contacts, trying to figure how to afford the $15,000.00 sewer jet machine I really need......

So I notice I hadn't had a shower since Sunday night. Not terrible, haven't done anything too strenuous....BUT
I can't take a shower until I clean the bathroom counters. That makes me notice I needed to brush my teeth, I mean you can't take a shower with out brushing your teeth first. Otherwise you come out feeling all clean and sparkly with fuzzy teeth, right!? But the guys' ashtray is full and on the counter. I smoke, too, but not when brushing my teeth! Gotta empty it. So, done with teeth, realize the trash can is full when throwing away the flosser. Trash emptied. Get my towels, razor, awesome loofa like wash cloth from wally world. Gotta get someone else's hair out of the drain first. Eww! Finally, showered, shaved...BEFORE I even rinse off, I notice the soap scum on the tiles. Use the scrubber cloth to clean the shower and doors. Finally finish rinsing me and the shower, get out, dry off, pull MY hair out of the drain, wipe off every counter again.

Now I feel like I worked all day and need a shower! I'm going to bed to smoke something, dammit! Got my new TV and HD satellite receiver. Just have to set up the exact picture and sound quality first. There's got to be a nap somewhere in my future. Oh yeah, it's around 11:30pm. Then the old man comes to bed and kicks in his sleep, so up at 2:30 am (after dreaming about stray kittens, of course). Hit the couch with 5 cats, and doze until 4:30am.

Go to the bathroom to find it covered in ashes and kitty litter.

and around and around and around.......
I am not a spammer!

tonksrok
Clown Loach Kitty
Clown Loach Kitty

Re: I am so freaking OCD!

Postby tonksrok » Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:33 am

Honey, you need a vacation (or some Prozac).
A house without a cat is not a home.

"Always have bail money." 50 Cent

lenawest

Postby lenawest » Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:56 am

tonksrok wrote:Honey, you need a vacation (or some Prozac).

I didn't used to be like this. Started ever so slowly when I moved back home to help Dad with Mom. Then Dad got bad and couldn't be alone, so I moved my offices home. The more home bound I get, the worse the OCD gets. Really, it's kind of helpful - you can't tell I have 20 cats because I clean constantly! A break would be nice, though
I am not a spammer!

jim
Dicktater Supreme
Dicktater Supreme

Postby jim » Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:44 am

I read your post 34 times.
"Who is in charge? The motherfucking wave function is in charge!" - Jeem, Dicktater Supreme - MCHY

lenawest

Postby lenawest » Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:19 am

jim wrote:I read your post 34 times.

I read it 10 before I hit submit!

Try washing dishes by hand. I start counting the wipes, then get confused when I switch to counting the dishes!
I am not a spammer!

jim
Dicktater Supreme
Dicktater Supreme

Postby jim » Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:34 pm

lenawest wrote:
jim wrote:I read your post 34 times.

I read it 10 before I hit submit!

Try washing dishes by hand. I start counting the wipes, then get confused when I switch to counting the dishes!

I dig it... I used to wash by hand... and did ten wipes per. But then I actually just decided one day I was to be OCD no more. I was tired of centering my beer glass in perfect equidistance from everything else on the table. At the time, I guess, those behaviors held some impractical meaning for me, but I got worn out and just decided to fuck it and get on with life. Not to say I don't still do stuff from time to time that harkens back to my time-wasting days, but I try to keep them at bay.

I think when I started writing on a regular basis, I realized that I would never have the perfect sentence or phrase, so I stopped editing everything ten times and let the chips fall where they may.

And then I have to count the chips.
"Who is in charge? The motherfucking wave function is in charge!" - Jeem, Dicktater Supreme - MCHY

Return to “Your Ramblings”