Rani our favourite drama queen

We love our furries, but sometimes they get ill. Talk about it here.

Moderators: GlamDude, jim_test, The Ghost of Case

Ireneb
Catbox Archaeologist
Catbox Archaeologist

Re: Rani our favourite drama queen

Postby Ireneb » Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:06 am

Does anybody know how to delete a post? I accidentally posted something twice and couldn't delete it, so am replacing it with this text asking how to do so :grump: Feel like dunce.
Last edited by Ireneb on Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals. -- Winston Churchill

Ireneb
Catbox Archaeologist
Catbox Archaeologist

Postby Ireneb » Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:08 am

I've realised I am being played for a sucker here by Her Maj. It's taken me a few days to notice that sitting around me with large tragic eyes and sniffing at a food bowl filled with stuff-we-thought-was-wonderful-two-days ago does not mean she is ill again. It simply means she wants to go back to her old cat food, Gourmet in Gravy, which she hoovers up, no problem.

So out goes the Encore, the Waitrose special chicken & duckbreast, the Lily's Kitchen. Relegated to the back of the cupboard for when she decides she doesn't like Gourmet after all. Grrr.

I was about to call the vet again, would you believe it.
I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals. -- Winston Churchill

Ireneb
Catbox Archaeologist
Catbox Archaeologist

Postby Ireneb » Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:36 am

In an effort to keep Rani off the steroids (which she had started to refuse to swallow in any event) to deal with her IBS, I spent £191 on a 20 minute telephone consultation with a homeopathic vet, a prescription for four homeopathic remedies and a 100g pot of clay (which is meant to be good for cats with the squits).

I was tutting at myself for being so extravagant, but wanted to try it as a last ditch attempt and anyway, as we all know nothing is too good for our little darlings, don't we?

The whole thing came with a very complicated sheet on how to give her the pills, three days on two lots, then three days on the next lot, then one day nothing and the cycle starts again. I need a special diary I think :omg:

The pot of clay costs almost £28. Having looked at the chemical analysis on the label I realised it was straightforward bentonite which in the UK is used for fining wine. And can be bought for £1 for 100g. Am thinking there is a business opportunity here.

And Rani? Well, oddly enough, in the four days or so before I made that phone call she had been feeling really well to the point where I no longer tried to give her steroid pills. She had started to bounce around again, not being sick or leaving little brown streaks on the floor. But am giving her the stuff in any event to prevent a relapse. Will keep you posted.

MarciaCat
Lion King
Lion King

Postby MarciaCat » Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:15 pm

Got paws, tails, etc all crossed that Her Highness doesn't have a relapse. I'm curious, how is the the clay used? That's quite a mark-up on the clay, I definitely see the possibility of a business venture; with Rani's picture on the packaging of course!
"Nothing good comes from whiners." -Vonneybeth

Return to “Feline Health and Care”