Hoshi has a strained tail.

We love our furries, but sometimes they get ill. Talk about it here.

Moderators: GlamDude, jim_test, The Ghost of Case

lucy
Sabertoothed Poster
Sabertoothed Poster

Hoshi has a strained tail.

Postby lucy » Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:37 pm

I got home yesterday after work and Hoshi was dragging her tail. I first noticed it in the morning before I went to work, but she just seemed a bit quiet and not that interested in running for her breakfast as she usually does. When I got home and found her sitting on her blanket where she gets fed, gave her a pat and was told in no uncertain terms what she thought of me touching her back I took her to the vet.

The vet checked her over and told us it was a strained tail. She has had some anti inflammatory and pain shot, but she is still miserable and couldn't get comfortable on the back of the couch, or OG's chair and spent the night snuggled up with me in bed.

My poor baby is just dragging her tail, and for a cat that is continually swishing her tail around, it makes her look so sad. :wah:

Ireneb
Catbox Archaeologist
Catbox Archaeologist

Re: Hoshi has a strained tail.

Postby Ireneb » Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:04 pm

Poor kitty. I had no idea cats could get this, but guess as the tail is an extension of the spine of must be very sensitive.
I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals. -- Winston Churchill

lucy
Sabertoothed Poster
Sabertoothed Poster

Postby lucy » Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:16 pm

She is much happier today. She is starting to wag her tail around a little today.

lenawest
My Laptop Smells Like Cat Piss!
My Laptop Smells Like Cat Piss!

Postby lenawest » Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:09 am

I've been dealing with bruiser and a broke tail for a few months. Broke so high they can't do much about it. He's just uncomfortable. When in the litter box, he hangs his butt outside so his tail won't rest on the edge. Only one really bad moment when I think it seized up on him and he cried a little.
I am not a spammer!

Return to “Feline Health and Care”