Murphy's Got An Eye Infection

We love our furries, but sometimes they get ill. Talk about it here.

Moderators: GlamDude, jim_test, The Ghost of Case

Tinkerbelle
Kitty Roca Connoisseur
Kitty Roca Connoisseur

Re: Murphy's Got An Eye Infection

Postby Tinkerbelle » Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:49 am

MarciaCat wrote:
Tinkerbelle wrote:I'd be worried about finding a cat sized pirate ship in the bathtub if I were you. Or coming back from the store and finding your curtains neatly wrapped and being used to practice swinging techniques. I've found tickets to Treasure Island Pirates show in Las Vegas charged to mine. I think The Imperial One is planning a grand get well bash for his buddy complete with Tigress companions.

Oh and thank you for sending back the DVD. Py was up late last night, watching and re-watching The Black Pirate online. I caught him in the hall bath, posing like Douglas Fairbanks.

I've got to lol @ Py as Douglas Fairbanks; don't tell him that though I don't want to harm his dignity.

We've only got the one curtain in the dining room and it's sorely in need of replacement anyway so they're welcome to it. :thumbsup: I dare Murph to try and sail a pirate ship in our small bathtub; he might do better with the neighbor's pool. I found out one of the mystery charges on my Amex was to a travel agent; there are still two more I haven't traced yet.

I'm not sure we even want to know. Half my gold hoop earrings are missing and there's a nice patch sized cut taken out of my black velvet evening bag. And this morning I found my sequin foot on the sewing machine and a huge mess of tangled gold thread in the machine and the bobbin. Whatever is going on, is reaching frightening proportions
Tink
What are we doing tonight, Py. The same thing we do every night, Scooby, try and take over the world
The Meowy-Festo

Tinkerbelle
Kitty Roca Connoisseur
Kitty Roca Connoisseur

Postby Tinkerbelle » Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:51 am

MarciaCat wrote:Murph is is doing great today eating and drinking normally and using his version or the litter box-- the towels on the floor around it (also on the towels on my bed like he did for a while last year, ugh!) He even produced a poo- my Dad has asked every day if he might be constipated; well he's not.

Nothing like having 'proof' is there :smile: I am very glad to hear that he's eating and drinking normally. I'm wondering if he's still adjusting to a change in vision range and depth perception. Or just basically showing his contempt for you. :wink: But very glad that he seems to be bouncing back so well.
Tink
What are we doing tonight, Py. The same thing we do every night, Scooby, try and take over the world
The Meowy-Festo

MarciaCat
Lion King
Lion King

Postby MarciaCat » Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:29 pm

Tinkerbelle wrote:
MarciaCat wrote:Murph is is doing great today eating and drinking normally and using his version or the litter box-- the towels on the floor around it (also on the towels on my bed like he did for a while last year, ugh!) He even produced a poo- my Dad has asked every day if he might be constipated; well he's not.

Nothing like having 'proof' is there :smile: I am very glad to hear that he's eating and drinking normally. I'm wondering if he's still adjusting to a change in vision range and depth perception. Or just basically showing his contempt for you. :wink: But very glad that he seems to be bouncing back so well.

I'd say the towels on the bed, which actually have doggy pee pads and an old shower curtain under them (yes, I've had lots of practice at this, lol) are pure contempt. He doesn't seem to even consider using the litter box right now, sigh. He has started jumping up the two feet or so from my bed to his (rather threadbare) windowsill perch with no difficulty so he maybe slowly adjusting to his vision limitations. I'm just waiting to see when he'll venture out of my bedroom; maybe when he's off the buprenorphine pain med he's on he'll start venturing out.

He just ate a small dish of chicken liver I cooked up for him, licked the dish clean!

I'm going to try and get to Target Monday for one of those low storage boxes and that Cat Attract litter; I may even look for a good basic sewing machine so I can make a couple replacement covers for the two kitty window perches before someone falls straight through! (They're a hammock style not a firm shelf)
"Nothing good comes from whiners." -Vonneybeth

MarciaCat
Lion King
Lion King

Postby MarciaCat » Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:33 pm

Tinkerbelle wrote:
MarciaCat wrote:
Tinkerbelle wrote:I'd be worried about finding a cat sized pirate ship in the bathtub if I were you. Or coming back from the store and finding your curtains neatly wrapped and being used to practice swinging techniques. I've found tickets to Treasure Island Pirates show in Las Vegas charged to mine. I think The Imperial One is planning a grand get well bash for his buddy complete with Tigress companions.

Oh and thank you for sending back the DVD. Py was up late last night, watching and re-watching The Black Pirate online. I caught him in the hall bath, posing like Douglas Fairbanks.

I've got to lol @ Py as Douglas Fairbanks; don't tell him that though I don't want to harm his dignity.

We've only got the one curtain in the dining room and it's sorely in need of replacement anyway so they're welcome to it. :thumbsup: I dare Murph to try and sail a pirate ship in our small bathtub; he might do better with the neighbor's pool. I found out one of the mystery charges on my Amex was to a travel agent; there are still two more I haven't traced yet.

I'm not sure we even want to know. Half my gold hoop earrings are missing and there's a nice patch sized cut taken out of my black velvet evening bag. And this morning I found my sequin foot on the sewing machine and a huge mess of tangled gold thread in the machine and the bobbin. Whatever is going on, is reaching frightening proportions

Sequins, black velvet and gold thread?!?? Please tell me they're not going for some pirate/Elvis mash-up, I don't think I'm up for that; frightening indeed!

Tinkerbelle
Kitty Roca Connoisseur
Kitty Roca Connoisseur

Postby Tinkerbelle » Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:07 am

Great minds--I was going to mention the puppy pads, I had them for Sahara towards the end, all around the boxes and on the sofa where he was the most comfortable. Not sure if Target sells the Cat Attract, but I know that PetSmart does and while it is a little more expensive, it lasts a long time. I always used the kitten formula, it was easier for Sahara to stand in, but it sounds like Murphy is feeling pretty stable on his piggies if he's jumping already.
Tink
The Meowy-Festo

MarciaCat
Lion King
Lion King

Postby MarciaCat » Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:36 pm

Tinkerbelle wrote:Great minds--I was going to mention the puppy pads, I had them for Sahara towards the end, all around the boxes and on the sofa where he was the most comfortable. Not sure if Target sells the Cat Attract, but I know that PetSmart does and while it is a little more expensive, it lasts a long time. I always used the kitten formula, it was easier for Sahara to stand in, but it sounds like Murphy is feeling pretty stable on his piggies if he's jumping already.

Captain Murphy of the U.S.S. Meowyfesto had his sutures out today, yayy! He's back to his loudmouthed self, demanding food, attention and food, lol! He has adjusted just fine, jumping 2 1/2-3 feet from the back of the family room sofa to his window perch, no problem. He's also demanded to go outside; I took him outside Monday following him around the yard. One of the neighbor cats he's never met, a girl named Kiki happened to be in our yard at the time; he slowly approached, she backed up into the bushes while he sniffed where she had been the he backed up and she went to sniff where he'd been and sniffed the area. He tried to approach her again but she backed off, too bad; he just wanted to be friendly. Murph just headed to the patio and dozed on the lounge chair while Maggie rolled out the unwelcome wagon toward poor Kiki, lol!

Abby's eye is looking much better; we've got another 10 days or so of Clavamox and eye drops to get her cleared up; we go back next Friday for another check-up and Maggie will be getting her check-up and shots then.

I did get the Cat Attract litter at a pet store, someone used it but it wasn't Murphy, lol! Thank goodness for the puppy pads.

Tinkerbelle
Kitty Roca Connoisseur
Kitty Roca Connoisseur

Postby Tinkerbelle » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:31 pm

I was just wondering how Murphy and Abby were getting along, sounds like he's fully back in control of his end of the world. I know that Py will be very glad to hear that. Once he wanders back from having conquered one of my cross stitch patterns and claimed it for his very own, that is. String, you know, he really doesn't care if it's floss and already used to stitch something, it's all string to him and of course, all my stringz belong to him.

Scooby was wondering if his latest surprise got through the portal. I'm not sure exactly what it was, I'm not sure I want to know. But I woke up the other morning to find paw prints in Karo syrup, wadded up butcher wrap with fish bone remains and most of my waxed paper used up. Something tells me he's experimenting with yet another fishy confection (Tilapia Taffy perhaps? Or Blue Gill Brittle?) I'm guessing because Murph, Py and Flamebo are still telling him he is too young to attend Catender school, he's decided to branch out into candy making to make himself popular with the ladies
Tink
The Meowy-Festo

tonksrok
Clown Loach Kitty
Clown Loach Kitty

Postby tonksrok » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:24 am

Glad to hear that Murph is back to his old self again!! I know how much we all worry when one of our furries is under the weather.

I think Soleil has decided that the Cat Vader thing is purrfect for him too - it's like listening to a cement mixer purring. I'm sure Luna has had some influence over her boy toy and his sudden interest in fishy confectionary skills, she was waiting impatiently by her little portal this morning (under the dressing room vanity), probably hoping for some Bluefish bonbons, Monkfish Macarons or something equally stinky!! :oh:
A house without a cat is not a home.

"Always have bail money." 50 Cent

Tinkerbelle
Kitty Roca Connoisseur
Kitty Roca Connoisseur

Postby Tinkerbelle » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:43 pm

Dearest Luna

I am hoping that you have enjoyed your gift basket today, especially the mackerel meringues and damselfish divinity. I don't care with Py and Flamebo say, there is nothing sissy about creating confections. They're just jealous because you love me and not them. I am still working on the flounder fudge, it's just not the right consistency yet. If only Meowmie would stop tossing out my test batches, thinking it's one of her human cooking failures.

I am looking forward to seeing you this weekend. I know that Py, Soleil and Flamebo have yet another get well party for Murphy in the works, but I would much rather sit and feed you bluefish bonbons than go and swing on some boat rope somewhere.

mruah!
Scooby

Tink
The Meowy-Festo

tonksrok
Clown Loach Kitty
Clown Loach Kitty

Postby tonksrok » Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:00 pm

Scooby, mon cher:

I just adore your confections!! Everything is so wonderful and the fragrance, mon Dieu!! I cannot wait for the fudge. Do not let Py, Flamebo and Murphy discourage your culinary adventures - a male who can feed his lady delicious food is tres, tres sexy!!!

Hssssth
Luna

PS - Meowmi is making a fuss about le portal, again.
A house without a cat is not a home.

"Always have bail money." 50 Cent

Return to “Feline Health and Care”