Murphy's Got An Eye Infection

We love our furries, but sometimes they get ill. Talk about it here.

Moderators: GlamDude, jim_test, The Ghost of Case

MarciaCat
Lion King
Lion King

Re: Murphy's Got An Eye Infection

Postby MarciaCat » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:56 pm

badplantmommy wrote:We've got quite the cast, a pirate kitty, a Darth Vader kitty, etc. Speedy healing vibes for Murphy!

--J--

LOL! Everyone better lock their cat portals come October 31st; who knows what mischief Py and Murph will get up to!
"Nothing good comes from whiners." -Vonneybeth

Ireneb
Catbox Archaeologist
Catbox Archaeologist

Postby Ireneb » Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:57 am

MarciaCat wrote:
badplantmommy wrote:We've got quite the cast, a pirate kitty, a Darth Vader kitty, etc. Speedy healing vibes for Murphy!

--J--

LOL! Everyone better lock their cat portals come October 31st; who knows what mischief Py and Murph will get up to!
Rani hasn't got a portal. It's bad enough her having a Facebook page where she whines about me.
I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals. -- Winston Churchill

Tinkerbelle
Kitty Roca Connoisseur
Kitty Roca Connoisseur

Postby Tinkerbelle » Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:48 am

Ireneb wrote:
MarciaCat wrote:

--J--

Rani hasn't got a portal. It's bad enough her having a Facebook page where she whines about me.

You just think she doesn't have a portal, Ireneb. MarciaCat, there's a second basket on it's way I'm afraid. This morning, I found lollipop sticks and my melon baller smelled like cod so heaven only knows what's in this one. I know Flamebo was involved with this one because there is Tunarita mix in the sink.

And I think Py is already planning Halloween festivities. We need to be afraid, very afraid.
Tink
What are we doing tonight, Py. The same thing we do every night, Scooby, try and take over the world
The Meowy-Festo

MarciaCat
Lion King
Lion King

Postby MarciaCat » Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:38 pm

Tinkerbelle wrote:
Ireneb wrote:
MarciaCat wrote:LOL! Everyone better lock their cat portals come October 31st; who knows what mischief Py and Murph will get up to!

You just think she doesn't have a portal, Ireneb. MarciaCat, there's a second basket on it's way I'm afraid. This morning, I found lollipop sticks and my melon baller smelled like cod so heaven only knows what's in this one. I know Flamebo was involved with this one because there is Tunarita mix in the sink.

And I think Py is already planning Halloween festivities. We need to be afraid, very afraid.

Tink is right re the portal; what with the construction you've had going on you could've easily missed it, lol!

Oh goodie, cod-pops! that explains all the soggy lollipop sticks in my closet and down the hall, tell Py I'd prefer some nice cake pops instead next time he sends a care package.

I caught wind of that second basket a short while ago; At first I thought it was the ceviche I picked up for my Dad but it was way too rank for that. I think Py my have overdone the anchovy garnish and no doubt the reason Murph was up all night and sleeping through the day was Flamebo's wicked Tunaritas. I guess I'm in for another restless night followed by a 5:30 a.m. yell to say "Take off my collar, dammit I need a drink of water and a bite or two of kibble!" No wonder I've got another wicked mini-migraine. :grump2:

I'm already fearing for my sanity, heaven help me come Halloween!

MarciaCat
Lion King
Lion King

Postby MarciaCat » Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:46 pm

We got back about 45 minutes ago from having the bandage removed; I was afraid they were gonna have shaved some of his facial fur but as far as I can see they didn't. The vet tech (Murph's favorite), said it looked real good. Looking at him asleep on the hamper on my closet it looks just like a closed eye.

He's eating, drinking and peeing pretty much as usual except for the fact I've got to remove the e-collar for him to eat and drink every time he demands it.

Tinkerbelle
Kitty Roca Connoisseur
Kitty Roca Connoisseur

Postby Tinkerbelle » Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:20 am

Oh goodie, cod-pops! that explains all the soggy lollipop sticks in my closet and down the hall, tell Py I'd prefer some nice cake pops instead next time he sends a care package.

Which he would probably make out of carp Image,you do realize that, right? I'm guessing I should probably get to the grocery store while he's watching the Pirates of the Caribbean series and taking notes before he tries to add additional items to my list. Oh and if you find my dvd of Captain Blood in your closet, please let me know. I know that Murphy's best buddy was looking for things to cheer him up yesterday, showing him just how rakishly handsome and appealing pirates can be and I found most of my classic movies collection strewn around the living room.

So glad to hear Murphy is getting along so well. And watch out for Cone induced concussions.
Tink
What are we doing tonight, Py. The same thing we do every night, Scooby, try and take over the world
The Meowy-Festo

MarciaCat
Lion King
Lion King

Postby MarciaCat » Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:17 am

Tinkerbelle wrote:Oh goodie, cod-pops! that explains all the soggy lollipop sticks in my closet and down the hall, tell Py I'd prefer some nice cake pops instead next time he sends a care package.

Which he would probably make out of carp Image,you do realize that, right? I'm guessing I should probably get to the grocery store while he's watching the Pirates of the Caribbean series and taking notes before he tries to add additional items to my list. Oh and if you find my dvd of Captain Blood in your closet, please let me know. I know that Murphy's best buddy was looking for things to cheer him up yesterday, showing him just how rakishly handsome and appealing pirates can be and I found most of my classic movies collection strewn around the living room.

So glad to hear Murphy is getting along so well. And watch out for Cone induced concussions.

Well, that explains the swashbuckler type mrrrowws he's been muttering in his sleep and why the dvd player was overheated when I came back from the store. I just checked the back of the closet and yes, your Captain Blood dvd was there; I hope you don't mind fang marks on the case, the dvd appears unharmed; it's on it's way back through the portal to you. Now I need to figure out what those mystery charges to my Amex card are and try to cancel whatever orders for pirate paraphernalia he thinks he must have.

Tell Py to forget about carp pops, the house already reeks like a fishmongers thanks to him.

I've already been a victim of concussion by cone; Friday before I went to the store he insisted I lay down with him and promptly laid his cone rather forcefully on my face over my mouth and jamming the rather stiff edge into my nose. I got a softer e-collar for him today, it's much easier for him to sleep in and hopefully less dangerous to me.

Tinkerbelle
Kitty Roca Connoisseur
Kitty Roca Connoisseur

Postby Tinkerbelle » Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:17 am

I'd be worried about finding a cat sized pirate ship in the bathtub if I were you. Or coming back from the store and finding your curtains neatly wrapped and being used to practice swinging techniques. I've found tickets to Treasure Island Pirates show in Las Vegas charged to mine. I think The Imperial One is planning a grand get well bash for his buddy complete with Tigress companions.

Oh and thank you for sending back the DVD. Py was up late last night, watching and re-watching The Black Pirate online. I caught him in the hall bath, posing like Douglas Fairbanks.
Tink
The Meowy-Festo

MarciaCat
Lion King
Lion King

Postby MarciaCat » Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:54 pm

Tinkerbelle wrote:I'd be worried about finding a cat sized pirate ship in the bathtub if I were you. Or coming back from the store and finding your curtains neatly wrapped and being used to practice swinging techniques. I've found tickets to Treasure Island Pirates show in Las Vegas charged to mine. I think The Imperial One is planning a grand get well bash for his buddy complete with Tigress companions.

Oh and thank you for sending back the DVD. Py was up late last night, watching and re-watching The Black Pirate online. I caught him in the hall bath, posing like Douglas Fairbanks.

I've got to lol @ Py as Douglas Fairbanks; don't tell him that though I don't want to harm his dignity.

We've only got the one curtain in the dining room and it's sorely in need of replacement anyway so they're welcome to it. :thumbsup: I dare Murph to try and sail a pirate ship in our small bathtub; he might do better with the neighbor's pool. I found out one of the mystery charges on my Amex was to a travel agent; there are still two more I haven't traced yet.

MarciaCat
Lion King
Lion King

Postby MarciaCat » Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:05 am

Murph is is doing great today eating and drinking normally and using his version or the litter box-- the towels on the floor around it (also on the towels on my bed like he did for a while last year, ugh!) He even produced a poo- my Dad has asked every day if he might be constipated; well he's not.

Return to “Feline Health and Care”