Need that good ol' fashioned MCHY ju-ju

We love our furries, but sometimes they get ill. Talk about it here.

Moderators: GlamDude, jim_test, The Ghost of Case

Tinkerbelle
Kitty Roca Connoisseur
Kitty Roca Connoisseur

Re: Need that good ol' fashioned MCHY ju-ju

Postby Tinkerbelle » Tue May 28, 2013 4:42 pm

Lots of happy thoughts coming for him and a big hug for you. I hope tonight finds him feeling a little perkier and hungry. When Py was going through the worst part of it, the kitten food really helped him. It was smaller to chew and really did help in making sure that his weight didn't drop too low. I still put him on it from time to time as he is now officially a geezer boy and about half the girth he used to be.

Hang in there, honey.
Tink
What are we doing tonight, Py. The same thing we do every night, Scooby, try and take over the world
The Meowy-Festo

tonksrok
Clown Loach Kitty
Clown Loach Kitty

Postby tonksrok » Tue May 28, 2013 5:26 pm

Thank you Shaza & Tink - he's getting 'round the clock nursing from me, though I've had to lock Marie Catoinette in the bedroom so he can eat in peace. He's managed to eat more than he has in the past few days and has become quite good at guilting me into putting down fresh gushy fudz for him.

BTW Tink, Scooby Don't and his "cougar" must of had a rollicking time while he was hiding from you the other day - Luna horked up a hairball almost as long as she is!!!! Nobody's talking, but I do have my suspicions.....
A house without a cat is not a home.

"Always have bail money." 50 Cent

Tinkerbelle
Kitty Roca Connoisseur
Kitty Roca Connoisseur

Postby Tinkerbelle » Wed May 29, 2013 2:25 pm

I'm glad he's eating better. Scooby doesn't get on the counter like Py does, so I have been able to give him some extra when he needs it by feeding him up there. And the last thing he needs is Marie Catoinette nagging him to pieces while he tries to eat. Give him a smooch for me. And tell him that Py sends his sympathies. He was sounding like Darth Vader this morning so he got pilled. I'm still mopping up the carnage that exercise caused in my kitchen.

Yuck, Hairballs. Scooby Don't did the same thing in my office a little while ago. Image I'm not sure what they are doing together, but I swear I saw a Catoria Secret label hastily shoved behind the litter container. That only tells me one thing, we don't want to know what they are doing together
Tink
What are we doing tonight, Py. The same thing we do every night, Scooby, try and take over the world
The Meowy-Festo

tonksrok
Clown Loach Kitty
Clown Loach Kitty

Postby tonksrok » Wed May 29, 2013 3:44 pm

Catoria Secret label - hmmmm, that explains the most recent purchases on my bankcard!!!! Right now, ignorance is bliss I think.

I am familiar with the carnage involved with the dosing with medications - Soliel managed to rip a big hole in the very thick terry towel I had him pinioned in!! So far I've had two t-shirts trashed and acquired some lovely, huge scratch marks doing battle with him. He may be sick, but he is still stong enough to put up a heroic struggle - trying to get decongestant drops down that tiny nose is like trying to do pin point bombing on a writhing snake!!!! Scritches to Py, I know how horrible that Darth Vader breathing sounds, poor guy.

Tinkerbelle
Kitty Roca Connoisseur
Kitty Roca Connoisseur

Postby Tinkerbelle » Wed May 29, 2013 5:58 pm

If Mr. Blissed out in the office window's expression is any indication of what those charges are, there are probably more to come, be afraid, be very afraid.

Sounds like he and Py are working out at the same gym. I have learned to only wear things I no longer care about when even thinking about a vet visit. He's old, he's about half the size he used to be, and he still laid my shirt open and left me with marks that probably are a twin to the ones you've got just taking him in for his shots and well check. And bless your heart, nose drops. I still have nightmares about Py's adventures with them. I would not wish that maneuver on my worst enemy.

I'm still trying to figure out if the Vets actually believe the drops will work or if they are all sitting back in some Vet internet cafe laughing evilly about having duped us all into trying to perform that completely impossible task. Face it, anybody who performs the Thermometer goes WHERE? for a living has to have a sadistic sense of humor when it comes to dealing with their patients parents. Or at the very least, it's a get even with us for them getting sprayed on, hissed at, etc. etc for when making us bring in a fresh 'sample' isn't punishment enough.

Just as soon as he stops shunning me for having cleaned his drippy eye, I will make sure to stritch him for you. Here's hoping that Soliel really starts to improve for you.
Tink
The Meowy-Festo

tonksrok
Clown Loach Kitty
Clown Loach Kitty

Postby tonksrok » Thu May 30, 2013 7:32 am

Some signs of improvement - he actually pushed Luna away from the food dish this morning (not an easy feat given her piggy attitude about the gushy fudz)!! We are still not out of the woods, but things are improving. Whatever the bug was that got him was an evil one.

Tink - my Vet actually has a cat of his own, so why he insists on some of the things he does I will never know. Of course, he can bring his puss in to the office and let the poor Vet Techs do all the hard work!! Yep, I agree that they all get together in their own little internet cafe and snicker at us poor "civilians" trying to deal with our imperial furry masters. :evil:

Tinkerbelle
Kitty Roca Connoisseur
Kitty Roca Connoisseur

Postby Tinkerbelle » Thu May 30, 2013 6:35 pm

Yeah! I am so glad to hear that things are starting to improve. And I'm glad that his appetite has picked up. I had noticed that Py's sense of smell was really impacted by all his respiratory mess. Except of course when it came to his meds. Then he could taste them even if his nose was totally stopped up.

He probably told her she looked pudgy or left flyers for the Tabby Bryant lingerie Memorial Day sale laying around where she would see them.
Tink
The Meowy-Festo

Return to “Feline Health and Care”