Mr Mog Emergency

We love our furries, but sometimes they get ill. Talk about it here.

Moderators: GlamDude, jim_test, The Ghost of Case

Mao Mao
Lap Warmer
Lap Warmer

Re: Mr Mog Emergency

Postby Mao Mao » Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:08 pm

He's lovely, shaza. One of his favourite snuggle positions is two paws around my neck with head nestled under my chin.

Enya seems to be missing her partner-in-chief for mischief. Fingers crossed he comes home with me today.

The cost of his treatment is really mounting up. Saturday night cost me £350. Heaven knows what Sunday and Monday will cost me. He's insured, so I'm luckier than some, but of course I have to pay first before I can claim the money back.

I'm also secure in the knowledge that he's getting the best care available, with lots of pets and attention.
'Blessed are the cracked, for they let in the light' - Spike Milligan

You'll Never Walk Alone

Mao Mao
Lap Warmer
Lap Warmer

Postby Mao Mao » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:25 am

Mog's home! :elyay:

We have some metacam pain relief for him, and will need to take him back to my regular vet in about 5 days for a check up.

He was bathed, because he'd wet himself, but then wet himself again afterwards and needed another bath. :crazy:

Altogether, this whole excursion has cost me just under £500. But he's worth every penny (and is insured too! :wink: )

You'll Never Walk Alone

Ireneb
Catbox Archaeologist
Catbox Archaeologist

Postby Ireneb » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:32 am

Good news! Hope he continues to make progress. Does the vet know what causes this grit to accumulate in his bladder?
I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals. -- Winston Churchill

Honeybun
Catbox Archaeologist
Catbox Archaeologist

Postby Honeybun » Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:24 pm

I'm so happy he's home. I had a cat at the shelter who kept getting crystals, in the end he had an op which basically changed him from a boy to a girl but this was a very extreme case.

shaza
Lap Warmer
Lap Warmer

Postby shaza » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:22 pm

Yay! Glad he's home and on the mend. He'll soon be up to mischief again no doubt. :crazy:

Too many cats
Functional Catnip Addict
Functional Catnip Addict

Postby Too many cats » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:50 pm

Honeybun wrote:I'm so happy he's home. I had a cat at the shelter who kept getting crystals, in the end he had an op which basically changed him from a boy to a girl but this was a very extreme case.

Yes....it's called 3 strikes you're out here....that means if a male cat is cathered 3 times for this....they basically do a 'sex change on them and take out his male innereds and make him female to make sure it does not happen again.

Jack is on the list for 3 strikes ....one more time and he gets the surgery too. Not hard to do if it means saving their life :)
We're all fucked up in our own special way. I love that.

vonney
Attack Cat
Attack Cat

Postby vonney » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:07 pm

Hurrah for Mr. Mog! I'm glad he's home and feeling better. Much love to you both.
Here we are, trapped in the amber of the moment. There is no why.
~Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Calypso
Agoraphobic Asshat
Agoraphobic Asshat

Postby Calypso » Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:36 am

Glad to hear he's back home :)

Tinkerbelle
Kitty Roca Connoisseur
Kitty Roca Connoisseur

Postby Tinkerbelle » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:00 am

Glad he is back home, Mao Mao and I'm sending lots of happy thoughts for all of you. Give him a snuggle for me.
Tink
What are we doing tonight, Py. The same thing we do every night, Scooby, try and take over the world
The Meowy-Festo

Mao Mao
Lap Warmer
Lap Warmer

Postby Mao Mao » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:00 am

We had another emergency yesterday morning. He was caught peeing on the tiles in the laundry room...and there was blood in the urine. That was bad enough in itself, but he'd also had a cold over the weekend (sneezing, watery eyes, but still with a good appetite, thank heavens!), so I got a bit panicky and rushed him to the vet.

Fortunately, the vet found his bladder not to be blocked, but has diagnosed cystitis. He has prescribed cystaid, and for us to keep up with the metacam. The cold type infection seems to be gradually on the mend without any further intervention.

Of course, if he doesn't get better after about a week, or gets worse, then it's back to the vets we go!

This kitty is going to give me a heart attack!

You'll Never Walk Alone

Return to “Feline Health and Care”