bloody fleas

We love our furries, but sometimes they get ill. Talk about it here.

Moderators: GlamDude, jim_test, The Ghost of Case

Billy
Laser Pointer Chaser
Laser Pointer Chaser

Re: bloody fleas

Postby Billy » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:47 am

I've only used Frontline once so far. The vet said if the second treatment doesn't get rid of it all, she will prescribe us something stronger. She did mention Frontline combo but that's not what we've got - should I try that instead perhaps?

I am still in the UK, yes.

neko2
Wee Gobby Shite
Wee Gobby Shite

Postby neko2 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:21 pm

Frontline made a bald spot on one of our cats so we switched to Advantage. It's been so long since we have had fleas that I'm itching just reading your post. Go get em!!!

Billy
Laser Pointer Chaser
Laser Pointer Chaser

Postby Billy » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:46 am

I was on a late shift yesterday so I treated the cats with Frontline again (vet said it was ok even if not 4 weeks) and also treated the entire flat with Indorex spray. We'll be hoovering daily for a week and combing the cats. I haven't seen much flea evidence but I want them GONE.

After this, the cats will be treated monthly. I'm annoyed that I hadn't done it before, but I've never had fleas on indoor cats until now. Grrrr.

Ireneb
Catbox Archaeologist
Catbox Archaeologist

Postby Ireneb » Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:15 am

With Indorex the fleas should not come back for 12 months, so you may not have to treat the kitties again for a bit. I could stop treating the cats because Indorex stopped the flea eggs from hatching and there was no recurrence.
I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals. -- Winston Churchill

Billy
Laser Pointer Chaser
Laser Pointer Chaser

Postby Billy » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:16 am

Thanks - what I'll do is comb the cats and keep an eye out. Perhaps perhaps perhaps we are seeing the end of this mess :elyay:

Ireneb
Catbox Archaeologist
Catbox Archaeologist

Postby Ireneb » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:12 am

Billy wrote:Thanks - what I'll do is comb the cats and keep an eye out. Perhaps perhaps perhaps we are seeing the end of this mess :elyay:
They'll enjoy the attention. The whole flea thing was probably some fiendish plot on their part to get lots of combings and fussings - as members of this forum we know how the devious minds of our feline overlords work.
I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals. -- Winston Churchill

Return to “Feline Health and Care”