Have you every wondered...

Moderators: GlamDude, jim_test, The Ghost of Case

neko2
Wee Gobby Shite
Wee Gobby Shite

Have you every wondered...

Postby neko2 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:48 am

if the guys who make the antiwomen laws have really strong willed wives at home? Or maybe the wives rule the roost and these guys have to feel powerful somewhere?
The women who do the same laws must be the type that feel threatened by other women. "They are going after my man"

tonksrok
Clown Loach Kitty
Clown Loach Kitty

Re: Have you every wondered...

Postby tonksrok » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:02 am

Don't know - there always seems to be some sort of misguided paternalistic religious reasoning behind stuff like that - I can't explain the women who do that except that maybe they don't have to worry about it affecting them.
A house without a cat is not a home.

"Always have bail money." 50 Cent

allegro63
Calico Carpetmuncher
Calico Carpetmuncher

Postby allegro63 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:36 pm

My guess is no. They don't have strong women at home. If they did, they would have already learned that genders may have differences, but one is not better, or smarter, or more capable than the other. Women have been conditioned by culture and social norms, and now that we've finally made serious progress, there are some who realize that they don't have ALL the say. They don't want equality
To err is human, to really fuck it up, take this handheld device..."

neko2
Wee Gobby Shite
Wee Gobby Shite

Postby neko2 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:34 pm

I was thinking of the type of men who lack the control of their house so they over control their workers to make up for it. I believe the anti women in the governments are afraid of loosing control over women.
Certainly through out history women have been regarded as weak, frivolous things who need to be lead by a male. There have been a few who have shined against that but had to fight many battles to shine. As far as I have read patriarchal religions aren't very helpful. Plus one pope did not like women at all, and I doubt Confucious did either, real women haters.

I've questioned as to how much progress women have made in the equality deal. I think we were doing well in opening areas up but stagnation was occuring. Then the tides started to turn. Now it's like the acme of putting us back to barefoot and pregnant. It's scary for all the young women out there.

badplantmommy
Feral Fecal Freak
Feral Fecal Freak

Postby badplantmommy » Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:46 pm

I don't know, what I have heard and read about fundies, they have a very outdated view of the role of women. I've read blogs by young women who managed to escape from patriarchy, Quiverful and other such things--scary that this kind of shit still goes on in the 21st century. If the male politician is not coming from some kind of religious fundamentalism, then I don't know what his motivation is. Maybe they're sociopaths. And as for the anti-woman female politicians, I don't know, maybe they forget what it was like. I do remember hearing from some of my friends, about middle-aged female bosses not being very sympathetic to the needs of working moms.

--J--
Is that all there is?

The Ghost of Case
Stony Snow Leopard
Stony Snow Leopard

Postby The Ghost of Case » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:05 pm

Get your ass back in the kitchen and make me some pie! :wink:
My hovercraft is full of eels!

Ireneb
Catbox Archaeologist
Catbox Archaeologist

Postby Ireneb » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:20 am

The Ghost of Case wrote:Get your ass back in the kitchen and make me some pie! :wink:

Don't forget to follow that up with:

Why do women have short feet?
It means they can get closer to the kitchen sink.
I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals. -- Winston Churchill

badplantmommy
Feral Fecal Freak
Feral Fecal Freak

Postby badplantmommy » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:12 pm

Ireneb wrote:
The Ghost of Case wrote:Get your ass back in the kitchen and make me some pie! :wink:

Don't forget to follow that up with:

Why do women have short feet?
It means they can get closer to the kitchen sink.

I have big-ass feet--at least they're big for a woman, especially when I'm so short. Hubby and I have the same size feet. But anyway, maybe my big feet are the reason I hate washing dishes so much. I don't mind making a pie now and then--I get to eat some too.

--J--
Is that all there is?

Dandelion
Three-legged Mutant Kitteh
Three-legged Mutant Kitteh

Postby Dandelion » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:42 pm

It just seems to me that these politicians feel they must oppress and control other people, for no reason obvious to the rest of us. I suspect them to be sociopaths, who have no conscience and no empathy, and can do anything at all without suffering guilt or shame. With no human feelings to speak of, the only pleasure they derive is from manipulating others, preferably to make them miserable. Some sociopaths feel that they have been mistreated, as the world is not worshiping them for the brilliant creature they are, so they must punish the powerless, and will conscript others to help them do so. Intelligent, ambitious, and charismatic sociopaths will seek positions of power, like politics or being the CEO of a corporation.

I read a great book called The Sociopath Next Door by Martha Stout, PhD. It's written for the layperson, and it explains that 1 in 25 people are sociopaths. It helps you recognize these people in your own life, and learn a bit about how to avoid them. After I read it, I felt like it explained so much that was otherwise inexplicable. I looked at decisions made about my workplace that had no obvious benefit: didn't save money, didn't help the job get done, didn't raise employee morale--lowered it, in fact. Then I thought, does this decision enable the manager to control a number of employees and make them do something they don't want to do, thereby making them unhappy and demonstrating the manager's power over them? Yes. Bingo! Sociopath!

It does help answer some of the questions about human beings' inhumanity to their fellow creatures.

badplantmommy
Feral Fecal Freak
Feral Fecal Freak

Postby badplantmommy » Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:46 am

I'll have to check out that Sociopath book (at the public library--money's a little tight). That does explain a lot about office bullshit.

--J--
Is that all there is?

Return to “Politics and shit”