Chronic Pain

Talk about what ails ya! If you can fit it all into one post!

Moderators: GlamDude, jim_test, The Ghost of Case

allegro63
Calico Carpetmuncher
Calico Carpetmuncher

Chronic Pain

Postby allegro63 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:12 am

Ok, I am now uncertain what the fuck is going on with G. It may not have been Shingles after all. I doubt the doc ran any real test..(idiot) The pain on his upper right chest, is still there, but more sporadic in nature. Sometimes it hurts like a mofo, others its just in the background. He also has a lot off issues with his left leg, burning sensations, pain, cramps, and crawly feelings.

His doc, blows him off. The chiro, does help, has suggested costochondritis. At least in the upper chest, and sciatica and arthritis for the leg issue. Its frustrating for us both, as pain meds don't work, he's grumpy, which is out of character. I know that if it is costochondritis, time, ice, rest, anti-inflammatories is the token regimen. Its just hard seeing someone in pain like that, and know there's not a thing I can do, but be supportive and calm, as stress, obviously adds to his symptoms.

vent is done.
To err is human, to really fuck it up, take this handheld device..."

tonksrok
Clown Loach Kitty
Clown Loach Kitty

Re: Chronic Pain

Postby tonksrok » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:02 am

Is there an Anesthesia group in your area that specializes in the treatment of Chronic Pain? The practice I work for has a group of docs that do nothing but treat chronic pain, they are also very involved in research in that area and have developed a multi-disciplinary approach to the mangement of chronic pain. Check out the Anesthesiology practices in your area and see if there are any who specialize in Pain Mangement, but steer clear of any Orthopedic groups that do - their specialty is more of the type related more to skeletal generated pain.
A house without a cat is not a home.

"Always have bail money." 50 Cent

Return to “Human Health & Fitness”