Normal?

Talk about what ails ya! If you can fit it all into one post!

Moderators: GlamDude, jim_test, The Ghost of Case

shaza
Lap Warmer
Lap Warmer

Normal?

Postby shaza » Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:21 pm

Well since I'm on MCHY I suppose there's nothing "normal" about me...

Was doing my shopping this afternoon after work. Supermarket was crowded and I started to get stressed. My epiphany was... I have anxiety attacks when there are a lot of people around.

I've had this before linked with low blood sugar. But this evening I just felt like I couldn't really cope with what I (guess) most people would believe is a normal shopping experience?

So how many people find the usual weekly supermarket shop to be so stressful? Or is it just me?

neko2
Wee Gobby Shite
Wee Gobby Shite

Re: Normal?

Postby neko2 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:23 pm

I don't like it crowded and it doesn't take much. I think it's the lack of consideration from others, things like pushing, bumping, etc. added to the lack of manners.

If I can just sit and watch people I'm usually ok.

Honeybun
Catbox Archaeologist
Catbox Archaeologist

Postby Honeybun » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:35 pm

I really don't like shopping when it's too busy. I try to go around 9am on a weekday, if I go any later you get hit by the school run and then it just gets busier throughout the day. I went last night at 7pm and it was so busy, luckily I only had a few bits so could go in the express queue.

grimalkin
Ethereal Buddha Cat
Ethereal Buddha Cat

Postby grimalkin » Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:17 pm

Tipper and I both hate it. He actually gets grocery stress worse than me. Mostly I just want to run people over with my cart when they don't move their fat asses out of the way.
"You're as likely to contact the Universal Mind with a spell from a book as you are to reach the White House dialing random numbers into a phone."

neko2
Wee Gobby Shite
Wee Gobby Shite

Postby neko2 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:07 pm

We went to Target today to get school stuff. Bad move. Too many people and them taking up most of the aisle space. Stressed me out.

I hate grocery shopping which I do on base. I usually can time it when it's not busy. The retirees are fun just not the active duty people or their spouses. If I have the gang with me any shopping is like Target today. They should sell wine icees or something like that.

badplantmommy
Feral Fecal Freak
Feral Fecal Freak

Postby badplantmommy » Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:45 pm

I have definitely had that before, although not so much lately. Maybe I have been able to avoid the worst of the crowds, although I do find it annoying when the aisles are blocked by slow people. I remember thinking that Sprouts (a store that sells groceries, organic veggies, health food, etc.) would be a cool place to work, until I started getting panicky in the bulk granola aisle. Right now, I only get like that when driving or riding in a car on the freeway.

I used to not mind crowds as much. I used to go to concerts, but it's been about 12 years since I last went to a big arena show. I went to one mid-sized venue about 9 years ago, and other than that, it's been little clubs or concerts in the park.

--J--
Is that all there is?

jimmiemenon
Feline Zygote
Feline Zygote

Postby jimmiemenon » Sat May 03, 2014 8:48 am

Such anxieties can be control upto some limit by doing meditation. One of my fellow employee used to have this problem. When he used to come to office, he suffered a lot because there were presentations, team work and many things in which people needed to communicate with each other. As he started spending some time alone and did the meditation he showed incredible improvements.

Regards,
Jimmie Menon
Guelph Payroll Provider

shaza
Lap Warmer
Lap Warmer

Postby shaza » Sat Mar 07, 2015 5:18 pm

I was just thinking it's interesting having the American perspective on what's considered crowded. Just having been back for a couple weeks I never experienced what I call "busy" shopping in the US. Here, in the UK, when it's busy, there are a lot of people and it's chaos. I've never experienced that level of crowding in the US shops. Just wondering if I've just missed it or if my perspective has changed?

lenawest
My Laptop Smells Like Cat Piss!
My Laptop Smells Like Cat Piss!

Postby lenawest » Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:29 pm

Panic is my primary emotion! If one person bumps into me, I freak. I'm supposed to take Xanax, by xanax makes me freak. Really, the thought that I need meds scare me.
I am not a spammer!

shaza
Lap Warmer
Lap Warmer

Postby shaza » Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:35 pm

Well I guess that your "need" to not be around a lot of people bumping into you shouldn't be a medicated condition is just me...

I don't like being medicated for a lot of things... since I think personally the mind/body operates pretty well if it has good healthy whole food and the nutrients it needs without a lot of stress (which increases nutrient needs)

I am taking half a tab of antidepressants at the moment and I hate and resent it... but I do it to function

Return to “Human Health & Fitness”