human TNR (warning....girl parts talk ahead....)

Talk about what ails ya! If you can fit it all into one post!

Moderators: GlamDude, jim_test, The Ghost of Case

meow999
Laser Pointer Chaser
Laser Pointer Chaser

human TNR (warning....girl parts talk ahead....)

Postby meow999 » Sun May 05, 2013 6:02 pm

So after years of problems in the ermmmm...lady department....cysts and such.....Everytime one of those damn things would burst, it'd bring me to my knees, I'd wind up in the ER. Between that and all my GI issues, If I had to assess myself, i'd think i looked like a drug seeker. Went to my GYN, we had one more go at the hormone regulation via the transdermal patches, thinking that if I had a more steady dose of the estrogen/progesterone, I might have less of the bothersome side effects. No go. I was just as miserable. If I do nothing, I get these nasty ovarian cysts and my estrogen levels stay sky high and my progesterone levels are at zero. The condition actually has a name. It's called Unopposed Estrogen. If i continue to do nothing, I am damn certain to wind up with endometrial cancer. Ummm, I think i'll pass on that. Based on all of the above plus that fact that my GYN was not too thrilled about getting into me after all the belly surgery i've had, I wound up seeing a GYN Oncologist for a hysterectomy. I am 41 and had been begging for this since I was 24. i can understand why no doc would do a hysterectomy on a 20-something year old if they could realistically avoid it. You do invite all kinds of risks of cardiac and bone problems later in life by putting a person into instant surgical menopause that young. By 41, though its pretty equivicol.
Anyway, so i had that done this Monday past, with the DaVinci Robotic thing. Now keeping in mind that i am an OR nurse and am pretty familiar with just about every aspect of surgery, although i don't have much to do with the DaVinci as they have thier own team, I must say, DAMN I am IMPRESSED!!! Even with my belly full of scar tissue and adhesions, my surgeon was able to do the entire procedure with 5 laparoscopic incisions in about 90 minutes. I probably could have gone home that evening, but chose to stay put that night and went home the following morning. Pain has been minimal. Now I am basically a wuss when it comes to pain, but I took a couple of Percocet for about 2-3 days then switched to Ibuprofen. I do still have to be careful, not allowed to lift more than 10lbs etc, supposed to rest a lot, etc, because that bladder flap needs to heal, but overall, I think, if I had a desk job i could probably go back to work at least part time and its only been a week. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Such as it is, I have a very labor intensive, heavy standing job, so I won't be going back so soon but over-all, if you gotta have yer girl parts out folks, this is the way to do it. And this was all girls parts, uterus, tubes, ovaries, cervix, all of it. I am looking forward to feeling so much better.... :happy: :happy: :happy:

neko2
Wee Gobby Shite
Wee Gobby Shite

Re: human TNR (warning....girl parts talk ahead....)

Postby neko2 » Sun May 05, 2013 6:43 pm

Glad all is well now. :elyay:

badplantmommy
Feral Fecal Freak
Feral Fecal Freak

Postby badplantmommy » Sun May 05, 2013 9:49 pm

Glad it went well. In your case, it sounds like it was a really good idea to get all those interior girl parts taken out. :smile:

--J--
Is that all there is?

Mao Mao
Lap Warmer
Lap Warmer

Postby Mao Mao » Mon May 06, 2013 3:22 am

Glad everything went well. :thumbsup: :elyay:

Sorry it took them so long to get around to doing the operation.
'Blessed are the cracked, for they let in the light' - Spike Milligan

You'll Never Walk Alone

tonksrok
Clown Loach Kitty
Clown Loach Kitty

Postby tonksrok » Tue May 07, 2013 8:57 am

Glad to hear that your surgery went so well and that your are recovering nicely.

We have those DaVinci robot sytems too - they do everything (almost) with them. The cases seem to take a little longer than yours did, but I think that's because we are a teaching hospital and all the Residents have to take turns manipulating the rovotics so they can learn the technique.
A house without a cat is not a home.

"Always have bail money." 50 Cent

Return to “Human Health & Fitness”