how to explain...

Talk about what ails ya! If you can fit it all into one post!

Moderators: GlamDude, jim_test, The Ghost of Case

neko2
Wee Gobby Shite
Wee Gobby Shite

how to explain...

Postby neko2 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:33 pm

The other day just watching tv I had a strange pain in the sternum. I get breast pains pretty regular for being menopausal (almost post menopausal) but the first time in/around the sternum. It felt like pressure but not centralized in one area just kind of radiating out from the sternum. I'd like to get check out but dealing with the military healthcare system I know I need to go in with my ducks in a row. I've checked the signs for a heart attack on several sites and do have a famiy history of heart disease. The only ones that could even be a possible yes are the sternum pain and fatigue. I do run depressed but the antidepressants I've tried didn't work out for various reasons.
Any idea how I could approach this to be taken seriously by the base with out the "frequent flyer" attitude from them? thanks.

Ireneb
Catbox Archaeologist
Catbox Archaeologist

Re: how to explain...

Postby Ireneb » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:35 am

Hiatus hernia can look and feel remarkably like heart pain. I get it after eating spicy food and yes, I only developed it after the menopause. Might be worth having that side checked out?
I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals. -- Winston Churchill

lucy
Sabertoothed Poster
Sabertoothed Poster

Postby lucy » Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:29 pm

Gall Bladder pain can also manifest as sternal pain that can move up ito the shoulder and neck.

Just be safe and get it checked out, it could also be angina.

neko2
Wee Gobby Shite
Wee Gobby Shite

Postby neko2 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:13 am

It hasn't happened since.
Tuesday I go in for a lithotripsy. Stan is getting evicted.
There has been pains in the upper right quadrant but when I mentioned it to my pcm she said it was probably nothing. Being a dependent sucks. Though the new pcm is better. Just saw her for my allergies and sinsus infection. Got peridium for passing Stan, just in case he doesn't go easy.
I hope to get a doc when we move that is good. We'll see what we are allowed. I know Liv won't be seeing the opthalmologist there again, he is beyond a horses ass and doesn't have the skill to back it up.

Return to “Human Health & Fitness”