Pickles

Talk about what ails ya! If you can fit it all into one post!

Moderators: GlamDude, jim_test, The Ghost of Case

wolfsdawn2
Peeping Tom
Peeping Tom

Re: Pickles

Postby wolfsdawn2 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:04 pm

allegro63 wrote:you people are weird

Non-pickle-juice-swilling peoples are weirded...ha ha! :D
True?

allegro63
Calico Carpetmuncher
Calico Carpetmuncher

Postby allegro63 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:31 pm

But I put peanut butter and syrup on my pancakes, refuse to eat cole slaw as a sandwich additive...its a salad dammit...wont eat meat that is touching bone...will so no chicken wings for me, won 't eat a pork rind, and prefer my potato chips plain.
.....ok...you are right I'm weirder
To err is human, to really fuck it up, take this handheld device..."

wolfsdawn2
Peeping Tom
Peeping Tom

Postby wolfsdawn2 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:55 pm

**bowing to your gorgeous weirdness*
True?

The Ghost of Case
Stony Snow Leopard
Stony Snow Leopard

Postby The Ghost of Case » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:10 pm

allegro63 wrote:you people are weird

Yeah, but what's your point? :wink:
My hovercraft is full of eels!

Honeybun
Catbox Archaeologist
Catbox Archaeologist

Postby Honeybun » Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:26 am

allegro63 wrote:But I put peanut butter and syrup on my pancakes, refuse to eat cole slaw as a sandwich additive...its a salad dammit...wont eat meat that is touching bone...will so no chicken wings for me, won 't eat a pork rind, and prefer my potato chips plain.
.....ok...you are right I'm weirder

Thanks a lot, I'm craving a coleslaw and ham sandwich now :tong:

Ireneb
Catbox Archaeologist
Catbox Archaeologist

Postby Ireneb » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:44 am

Call me weird, but it wouldn't occur to me to drink pickle juice. Are we talking here about the stuff that gherkins and onions are put in? That is usually vinegar. Who drinks that? Or is pickle juice some interesting American delicacy we haven't discovered over here yet?
I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals. -- Winston Churchill

badplantmommy
Feral Fecal Freak
Feral Fecal Freak

Postby badplantmommy » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:53 pm

I like peanut butter and chocolate sandwiches. I used to use Nesquik, but Philadelphia cream cheese recently came out with a chocolate flavor--sounds icky, but it isn't. This is probably one of the many reason (my) diets don't work. :wink:

--J--
Is that all there is?

Honeybun
Catbox Archaeologist
Catbox Archaeologist

Postby Honeybun » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:37 am

Ireneb wrote:Call me weird, but it wouldn't occur to me to drink pickle juice. Are we talking here about the stuff that gherkins and onions are put in? That is usually vinegar. Who drinks that? Or is pickle juice some interesting American delicacy we haven't discovered over here yet?

I imagine/hope it's something we don't have over here as I can't see myself drinking our pickle juice, as much as I like roll mops, lol. I'm intrigued now, as usual we in Britain miss out :grump:.

wolfsdawn2
Peeping Tom
Peeping Tom

Postby wolfsdawn2 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:56 pm

I love when I get about half the dill pickles eaten out of a jar...then I can tip the jar and drink about half the brine! YUM!!!

Ok, now I'm wanting some pickle juice...
True?

Janey
Bast Blasphemer
Bast Blasphemer

Postby Janey » Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:48 am

Honeybun wrote:
Ireneb wrote:Call me weird, but it wouldn't occur to me to drink pickle juice. Are we talking here about the stuff that gherkins and onions are put in? That is usually vinegar. Who drinks that? Or is pickle juice some interesting American delicacy we haven't discovered over here yet?

I imagine/hope it's something we don't have over here as I can't see myself drinking our pickle juice, as much as I like roll mops, lol. I'm intrigued now, as usual we in Britain miss out :grump:.

When I was in the U.K., all the pickles I came across were sweet. I can see you not wanting to drink that juice. We have sweet pickles here, but our more popular versions tend to come from the German/Eastern European/Jewish tradition. Lots of dill, salt, vinegar. Very sour and tangy. Extremely addictive properties. In fact, we even put it in cocktails! Get all the jonesing in one glass. :thumbsup:
"Why don't you try reading the rules, Shankopotamus?"--the Etrade Baby"You'll only regret your economies."--Reynolds Price, Ardent Spirits

Return to “Human Health & Fitness”