I don't like people - mostly

Be yourself and maybe someone else if you have it in you.

Moderators: GlamDude, jim_test, The Ghost of Case

Ireneb
Catbox Archaeologist
Catbox Archaeologist

Re: I don't like people - mostly

Postby Ireneb » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:19 am

The Ghost of Case wrote:I'm a bit of a twat myself sometimes, as has been pointed out to me over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over in my lifetime.

Haven't seen any evidence of twattishness there. PS - not used to 'mericans using a British term like twat. Next you'll be talking about plonkers. And using the wank word. :congrats:
I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals. -- Winston Churchill

shaza
Lap Warmer
Lap Warmer

Postby shaza » Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:21 am

Ireneb wrote:Haven't seen any evidence of twattishness there. PS - not used to 'mericans using a British term like twat. Next you'll be talking about plonkers. And using the wank word. :congrats:

:happy: LOL

Dandelion
Three-legged Mutant Kitteh

Postby Dandelion » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:28 pm

Hee hee! Love the British slang! What's "plonkers?"

I read a book called "The Sociopath Next Door" by Martha Stout which helps give some clues to picking out the really bad apples.

Ireneb
Catbox Archaeologist
Catbox Archaeologist

Postby Ireneb » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:22 am

Dandelion wrote:Hee hee! Love the British slang! What's "plonkers?"

Plonker is someone clumsy, not very bright, unsuccessful. More polite than wanker.

I must have a read of the Sociopath Next Door myself, it keeps on cropping up in articles and magazines.
I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals. -- Winston Churchill

shaza
Lap Warmer
Lap Warmer

Postby shaza » Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:40 am

I read a book called "The Sociopath Next Door" by Martha Stout which helps give some clues to picking out the really bad apples.

AHA!!!!! yes yes yes - after psycho ex boyfriend this book was recommended to me by a friend who is a counselor (after I told her the whole story she said she thought he was "borderline personality disorder with sociopathic tendencies - yikes!)

anyway - great book - small and mostly easy to read - but a bit frightening in some aspects - but defo a must read if you ask me

neko2
Wee Gobby Shite
Wee Gobby Shite

Postby neko2 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:09 pm

I'll keep an eye out for that book.

jim
Dicktater Supreme
Dicktater Supreme

Postby jim » Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:19 pm

shaza wrote:

AHA!!!!! yes yes yes - after psycho ex boyfriend this book was recommended to me by a friend who is a counselor (after I told her the whole story she said she thought he was "borderline personality disorder with sociopathic tendencies - yikes!)

anyway - great book - small and mostly easy to read - but a bit frightening in some aspects - but defo a must read if you ask me

So... being a man, I am only familiar with crazy ex-women. How crazy are ex-men, and I have not read this whole thread, so if I missed it I apologize.

This is a British crazy guy? Are they worse than the U.S. crazies? Crazy with a funny accent?
"Who is in charge? The motherfucking wave function is in charge!" - Jeem, Dicktater Supreme - MCHY

Dandelion

Postby Dandelion » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:51 pm

Crazy ex is crazy ex. I think females run a bit more to the borderline personality disorder kind of crazy, and men to the sociopath kind of crazy, but that could be nothing more than me gender-stereotyping. One in twenty-five people have no conscience and no empathy....I think maybe some of us have dated some of them, yes?

shaza
Lap Warmer
Lap Warmer

Postby shaza » Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:32 am

Dandelion wrote:Crazy ex is crazy ex. I think females run a bit more to the borderline personality disorder kind of crazy, and men to the sociopath kind of crazy, but that could be nothing more than me gender-stereotyping. One in twenty-five people have no conscience and no empathy....I think maybe some of us have dated some of them, yes?

What does "borderline personality disorder" actually mean? That's something I've struggled with understanding somehow. Are there particular characteristics to look out for?

Jeem: Pathological liar, cheat, sociopathic behaviour (not really concerned about the consequences of his actions on others, for instance)

jim
Dicktater Supreme
Dicktater Supreme

Postby jim » Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:09 pm

TWAT is Technical Women's Alert Team over here. Yes, it is an acronym.

:cool:
"Who is in charge? The motherfucking wave function is in charge!" - Jeem, Dicktater Supreme - MCHY

Return to “Your Ramblings”