I don't like people - mostly

Be yourself and maybe someone else if you have it in you.

Moderators: GlamDude, jim_test, The Ghost of Case

shaza
Lap Warmer
Lap Warmer

I don't like people - mostly

Postby shaza » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:46 am

sorry to be a big moaner after hiding out for a while

but I've decided to come clean - my name is shaza and I don't like most people

After lazy drunk ex-husband and sociopathic lying narcisstic ex-boyfriend, amongst all the lazy, stupid, self serving people I've met and worked with - not impressed.

My pessimistic conclusion is that about a third to a half of the population is not worth my time at all.
:grump:

wolfsdawn2
Peeping Tom
Peeping Tom

Re: I don't like people - mostly

Postby wolfsdawn2 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:56 pm

I figure 1/3 of the population is, right off the bat, distinctly unworthy of the air they breathe.
Of the 2/3 that's left, about 1/3 of them are generic - not particularly good, but not shitasses either, just best left to their own devices.
Of the half of what's left after that, they're pretty good, not owrth an arm and a leg, but maybe a shirt.
The REST of them rock.
Problem?
Figuring out who the hell is who.
True?

Mao Mao
Lap Warmer
Lap Warmer

Postby Mao Mao » Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:34 am

(((Shaza)))
'Blessed are the cracked, for they let in the light' - Spike Milligan

You'll Never Walk Alone

Ireneb
Catbox Archaeologist
Catbox Archaeologist

Postby Ireneb » Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:27 am

Mao Mao wrote:(((Shaza)))

And from me.
I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals. -- Winston Churchill

tonksrok
Clown Loach Kitty
Clown Loach Kitty

Postby tonksrok » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:17 am

From what I've run into lately, I'm finding myself in the same boat as you Shaza. At least I know that when I come here I am talking to people I think are worth a damn. :happy:
A house without a cat is not a home.

"Always have bail money." 50 Cent

Janey
Bast Blasphemer
Bast Blasphemer

Postby Janey » Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:26 am

I have the opposite issue. I look around and see that I am the least worthy person I know.

Shaza, sweetie, I think we had this discussion before. That judging character is a bit of a struggle for you, at least in romantic relationships. Everyone has their blind spot. This is yours, it seems. I wish it caused you less pain. I wonder if there are books that help with this. I don't mean silly relationship books, but real advice about picking up warning signals. Does anyone know? I have one about dealing with difficult people. Maybe not quite the same thing...

I hope this doesn't sound like blame. It certainly is not. People doing bad things to you is NOT your fault. I just wish we could find some way to keep the bad people away in the first place, so they won't have the opportunity.

(((shaza)))
"Why don't you try reading the rules, Shankopotamus?"--the Etrade Baby"You'll only regret your economies."--Reynolds Price, Ardent Spirits

shaza
Lap Warmer
Lap Warmer

Postby shaza » Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:40 pm

Thanks everyone.

I think Janey I'm a bit better at seeing people for what they are now - and I guess that's what I find so, well, distasteful. I used to give people much more of a benefit of a doubt, and second chances if they were assholes to me.

No more. and I guess what that really means is there are a number of people I find I don't want to have anything to do with or anything more than a passing acquaintance. And I do this by conscious choice.

I guess it's as my friend said his father says... as he gets older he gets less tolerant of people. That's what I'm trying to say I guess.

neko2
Wee Gobby Shite
Wee Gobby Shite

Postby neko2 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:47 pm

I don't care for most people I meet but that has been going on for ages. I like it when I meet some one who can talk about a variety of things not tv related. It's rare but it makes things better.

Janey
Bast Blasphemer
Bast Blasphemer

Postby Janey » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:03 pm

You can be tolerant, but refuse to suffer fools. Especially close to you.

I find as I get older I am more empathetic and analytical about why people are the way they are, but I am increasingly reluctant to "let them in." As the rabbi says in Fiddler On the Roof, when asked if there is a proper Jewish blessing for Russia's anti-Semitic leader: "May God bless and keep the czar...far away from us." :happy: I do my level best to wish all of humanity well while insulating myself from the worst of the bunch.

Sounds like your strategy, sweet Shaza!
"Why don't you try reading the rules, Shankopotamus?"--the Etrade Baby"You'll only regret your economies."--Reynolds Price, Ardent Spirits

The Ghost of Case
Stony Snow Leopard
Stony Snow Leopard

Postby The Ghost of Case » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:22 pm

I try to give people the benefit of the doubt until proven it's not deserved.

BUT....I can certainly understand your point of view Shaza, Janey, et al...
My hovercraft is full of eels!

Return to “Your Ramblings”