I don't like people - mostly

Be yourself and maybe someone else if you have it in you.

Moderators: GlamDude, jim_test, The Ghost of Case

shaza
Lap Warmer
Lap Warmer

Re: I don't like people - mostly

Postby shaza » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:01 pm

Janey wrote:"May God bless and keep the czar...far away from us." :happy: I do my level best to wish all of humanity well while insulating myself from the worst of the bunch.

You are so much more eloquent than I am Janey... just what I was trying to say, but badly

grimalkin
Ethereal Buddha Cat
Ethereal Buddha Cat

Postby grimalkin » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:47 pm

I'm just tired of people being fucking hypocrites, or turning out to be psycho. I can't think of any relationship I've gotten as much out of as I've put into it. And before anyone says we don't form relationships to get stuff, we sure as fuck do.
"You're as likely to contact the Universal Mind with a spell from a book as you are to reach the White House dialing random numbers into a phone."

badplantmommy
Feral Fecal Freak
Feral Fecal Freak

Postby badplantmommy » Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:08 am

A lot of people out there really suck. They may have a damn good reason, like they were abused as children, but that doesn't make them any easier to deal with. I have a general distrust of strangers, almost to the point of it being a phobia, and I am likely to go out of my way to avoid anyone I don't know getting in my personal space, unless they start talking to me about my dog. :-) I don't meet as many jerks as I used to, maybe because I don't have an actual job anymore, and don't have to deal with bosses or the public (I do work a little, but currently just for friends, neighbors, friends of friends).

There are an awful lot of assholes out there, and trying to figure out which people are worth bothering with is hard.

--J--
Is that all there is?

shaza
Lap Warmer
Lap Warmer

Postby shaza » Wed May 01, 2013 2:14 pm

I've added a few more people to my shit list today :mad:

lenawest
My Laptop Smells Like Cat Piss!
My Laptop Smells Like Cat Piss!

Postby lenawest » Thu May 02, 2013 2:13 pm

I hope none of us! :oh:

I'm with you, though. I don't like most folks either. I work from home so I don't have to deal with people most of the time. I like the check out girls at Petsmart and my favorite bank teller and postal workers. That's about it. Everyone else has to work really, REALLY hard to be let into my world. I don't get lonely, either. My old man of 13 years, thinks I'm a little nuts, but I've told him at least HE'S still here.

I've seen and known way too many two-faced people, who only do as little as they have to, to get what they want. When the rest of us have to (even for our own mental states) work extremely hard for barely anything.
I am not a spammer!

jim
Dicktater Supreme
Dicktater Supreme

Postby jim » Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:06 pm

I am with you Shaz.

I used to borrow the line from Bukowski: "I am not saying I hate people, but I am happier when they are not around."

That being said, most people in my opinion are simply what evolution has given us: animals guided towards furthering our specie. I think about this often; in any given system of sentient beings, one strain will be the greater over all. Darwin borrowed the phrase "survival of the fittest," from whom I do not remember.

As we have come to understand, the survival of the fittest is trite at best. Genetics has shown us that the survival of the community is paramount. Cells do not work on the survival of the fittest. They can only work in a community. This paradigm is evident in everything we have done for thousands of years. Only a community can survive.

Where was I going with this?

Oh yeah... people are fucked up and perchance one day we can weed the ne'er-do-wells out of the genetic stream and rely on rational thought to guide us toward a better tomorrow.

I think that is all.
"Who is in charge? The motherfucking wave function is in charge!" - Jeem, Dicktater Supreme - MCHY

Ireneb
Catbox Archaeologist
Catbox Archaeologist

Postby Ireneb » Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:53 am

"Hell is other people" Jean Paul Sartre.

Mind you, he wasn't much fun to live with himself, I think.
I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals. -- Winston Churchill

jim
Dicktater Supreme
Dicktater Supreme

Postby jim » Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:16 pm

The Ghost of Case wrote:I try to give people the benefit of the doubt until proven it's not deserved.

BUT....I can certainly understand your point of view Shaza, Janey, et al...

After much soul-searching, if there was a soul - which there is not, I have decided to treat other people like the evolved animals we are. Not to kick them to the curb, but to say, "Yes, I see your sufferings as I would see a mongrel dog wanting a bit of mutton." And I will not hurt you, for we all deserve a good shot at life. And I may give them some mutton, but if they nip at my finger, I will surely shoot them and bury them in the back yard next to the remnants of that which used to be my Earthly body... before the transformation.
"Who is in charge? The motherfucking wave function is in charge!" - Jeem, Dicktater Supreme - MCHY

shaza
Lap Warmer
Lap Warmer

Postby shaza » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:57 am

pah - I don't agree with you on some points Jeem - I do believe in a soul - but I still believe most people are stupid inconsiderate thoughtless fucks.

I've not had a good day.

I am disliking even more people today. grrr

The Ghost of Case
Stony Snow Leopard
Stony Snow Leopard

Postby The Ghost of Case » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:03 pm

I'm a bit of a twat myself sometimes, as has been pointed out to me over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over in my lifetime.
My hovercraft is full of eels!

Return to “Your Ramblings”