Memo to a bully

Be yourself and maybe someone else if you have it in you.

Moderators: GlamDude, jim_test, The Ghost of Case

The Ghost of Case
Stony Snow Leopard
Stony Snow Leopard

Memo to a bully

Postby The Ghost of Case » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:17 pm

Dear _____,

I am mostly writing this for myself, as catharsis is often a good thing. I have no intentions of carrying a grudge or stalking your online profiles. Or ever seeing you in real life. You can rest easy knowing this will be the last time I will speak of you or hopefully even give you a thought in my head.

I accepted your friend request because most of us from that time have changed dramatically in the intervening years. I was suspicious when I saw the request pop up, but I accepted it in the hopes that you might show some small spark of change. However, a tiny percentage of people don't change, and sadly you seem to have fallen into this category.

You are a bully. You have always been a bully. This is even more remarkable considering your gender and physical status. You are not a physical bully. You have always had a keen mind paired with an acid tongue, and know how to cut deeply with that tongue. You have never shown any remorse for this; indeed I am sure you quite like it. You were rude and mean back then, and you still are. The only change is that you have polished it into condescension and snarky comments.

And like most bullies you play the victim well. I know this because I have been guilty of it myself. I have committed some rude behaviors of my own, then taken umbrage when someone called me on it. I know this behavior all too well. I am trying to stamp it out of my life, and apologize to those I hurt along the way. I was curious as to whether you were on the same journey. I made the simple comment that I was surprised you had chosen to send me a friend request. You threw a tantrum, took your figurative ball and went home. It was as if I had been the bully all those years ago. You unfriended me, and a few days later closed your account down. Wow, you sure showed me.

And simple dialogue is all I really ever hoped for from you. Maybe that was naive or silly of me. All I really hoped for was some small admission that “Hey, I was a different person back then. I hope you'll forgive me for my behavior.” Perhaps I should have had no expectations. But your behavior was odious, and you are pretty much the only bully from that era whose name I still remember. You were that good at it. I'm trying hard to just forgive you anyway, because that is the best thing to do. But one simple small sentence and we could have actually have been friends. I want closure on this, but I suspect it will have to be one-sided.

I don't want to play the victim either. I have been really guilty of being really good at that in my past. This little essay is not a play for sympathy. I am happy with my life, despite the many difficulties I have encountered along the way. I realize that I need to let this go, and with this purge I hope to do just that.

Was there even a point to all this? No, not really, I just needed to purge it from my system. Res ipsa loquiter.
My hovercraft is full of eels!

jim
Dicktater Supreme
Dicktater Supreme

Re: Memo to a bully

Postby jim » Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:46 pm

Why are you posting things to my ex-g/f, Athena Baxivanos?

She will find you and threaten to punch you in the face.
"Who is in charge? The motherfucking wave function is in charge!" - Jeem, Dicktater Supreme - MCHY

The Ghost of Case
Stony Snow Leopard
Stony Snow Leopard

Postby The Ghost of Case » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:21 am

jim wrote:Why are you posting things to my ex-g/f, Athena Baxivanos?

She will find you and threaten to punch you in the face.

I will kick her in the nuts.

Cause it sounds like she has a set. :clown:
My hovercraft is full of eels!

Mao Mao
Lap Warmer
Lap Warmer

Postby Mao Mao » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:11 pm

The Ghost of Case wrote:

I will kick her in the nuts.

Cause it sounds like she has a set. :clown:

Bwahahahahaha! :bow: