Bit sad

Be yourself and maybe someone else if you have it in you.

Moderators: GlamDude, jim_test, The Ghost of Case

Ireneb
Catbox Archaeologist
Catbox Archaeologist

Bit sad

Postby Ireneb » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:07 am

Heard today that the manager of a charity I am involved with ended up under a high speed train yesterday. It rather looks as it was deliberate rather than a case of misadventure. Ironically the charity helps people who have a mental illness. The manager had not given any obvious indication, even with hindsight, that all wasn't well inside.

I didn't work today but spent most of my time at the centre to make sure the service users were informed in a tactful way and to help set up systems to support them, volunteers and staff on dealing with the aftermath of this.

That kept us all nice and busy. Now I am home and feeling upset about the whole thing. I don't want to Twitter or Facebook about it because the whole thing is very sensitive and I have local followers. So am letting go of it on MCHY instead.

Rest in peace, DB.
I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals. -- Winston Churchill

grimalkin
Ethereal Buddha Cat
Ethereal Buddha Cat

Re: Bit sad

Postby grimalkin » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:19 am

I'm so sorry to hear this. It seems to be true that people who are drawn to work with people with mental illness often have wounds.

((((((((hugs))))))))
"You're as likely to contact the Universal Mind with a spell from a book as you are to reach the White House dialing random numbers into a phone."

Ireneb
Catbox Archaeologist
Catbox Archaeologist

Postby Ireneb » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:27 pm

grimalkin wrote:I'm so sorry to hear this. It seems to be true that people who are drawn to work with people with mental illness often have wounds.
You are right about that, I became involved with this charity at a time when I felt very low myself. Working with people who have to cope with serious mental struggles put my own difficulties into perspective.
I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals. -- Winston Churchill

Mao Mao
Lap Warmer
Lap Warmer

Postby Mao Mao » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:38 pm

I am so sorry, Irene. My thoughts are with his family/friends :wah:

It comes hard on the heels of this report in the news today: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-21141815
'Blessed are the cracked, for they let in the light' - Spike Milligan

You'll Never Walk Alone

Honeybun
Catbox Archaeologist
Catbox Archaeologist

Postby Honeybun » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:12 pm

Sorry to hear this, it's hard to deal with someone killing themselves and the reasons why they did it. I have known more than one person who took their life (not that closely) and although there were known reasons why each of them did it, no one knew any of them were suffering that badly.

Apparently yesterday was scientifically prooven to be the most depressing of the year, news shows were calling it Blue Monday. All to do with the time of year, it being winter, how long January seems after the holidays and how long to summer.

tonksrok
Clown Loach Kitty
Clown Loach Kitty

Postby tonksrok » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:55 pm

Sorry to hear that Irene. ((((((((((((((((Hugs to you and everyone who needs them)))))))))))))
A house without a cat is not a home.

"Always have bail money." 50 Cent

Ireneb
Catbox Archaeologist
Catbox Archaeologist

Postby Ireneb » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:51 am

Thank you, all of you, appreciate your report. Feel definitely wobbly today, keep on thinking about the poor sod of a traindriver who will have to live with this for the rest of his life. But making a point of meeting friends today and talking it through, which will be a great help.

Mao Mao
Lap Warmer
Lap Warmer

Postby Mao Mao » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:27 am

Ireneb wrote:Thank you, all of you, appreciate your report. Feel definitely wobbly today, keep on thinking about the poor sod of a traindriver who will have to live with this for the rest of his life. But making a point of meeting friends today and talking it through, which will be a great help.

It's going to be hard on the poor traindriver. :(

Glad you're making a point of meeting friends and chatting today. I hope it all helps you to deal with this event. Well, maybe 'deal' is the wrong word. 'Process what the hell happened' may be better.

Take care of yourself, and my thoughts are with everyone affected by this tragic event.
'Blessed are the cracked, for they let in the light' - Spike Milligan

You'll Never Walk Alone

badplantmommy
Feral Fecal Freak
Feral Fecal Freak

Postby badplantmommy » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:04 pm

(((((Hugs))))) It shakes me up really bad when someone dies of natural causes, so it's got to be even more upsetting when someone you know takes their own life. :wah: My condolences to everyone whose life was touched by this individual. --J--
Is that all there is?

Return to “Your Ramblings”