Star Trek: Into Darkness

Moderators: GlamDude, jim_test, The Ghost of Case

shaza
Lap Warmer
Lap Warmer

Star Trek: Into Darkness

Postby shaza » Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:14 am

Well I finally got to watch this yesterday (I'm not exactly on the forefront of culture as I know this has been out for a while).

Anyway - I'm never as eloquent as Case for these things - but I liked it. It was entertaining and at times fun - which is pretty much mostly what I expect from most films. And being a Star Trek fan from way back I'm glad this latest series of films tries to keep true to the original characters. "Damnit Jim..." lol

tonksrok
Clown Loach Kitty
Clown Loach Kitty

Re: Star Trek: Into Darkness

Postby tonksrok » Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:16 am

Saw it - loved it, even though I am a fan from way back when . Mr. Cumberbatch as the new Khan is scrumptious.
A house without a cat is not a home.

"Always have bail money." 50 Cent

Janey
Bast Blasphemer
Bast Blasphemer

Postby Janey » Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:32 am

Hmmm. I was really looking forward to this film, and I was disappointed. It was...frenetic. Way too much action and too little plot. I mean, if you're going to introduce Khan, explore that. He could be a very interesting villain, especially played by Benedict Cumberbatch, who specializes in brilliant and complex characters. Soooo...yes, I wanted more.
"Why don't you try reading the rules, Shankopotamus?"--the Etrade Baby"You'll only regret your economies."--Reynolds Price, Ardent Spirits

shaza
Lap Warmer
Lap Warmer

Postby shaza » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:55 am

I have to say I wasn't convinced by BC being cast as Khan - who is supposed to be Indian - so at least I'm expecting darker skin/ hair / eyes - but hey - I can suspend my disbelief with the rest of them.

Return to “Entertainment & Media”