Skyfall

Moderators: GlamDude, jim_test, The Ghost of Case

tonksrok
Clown Loach Kitty
Clown Loach Kitty

Skyfall

Postby tonksrok » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:19 am

Watched this on Pay Per View - the usual Bond stuff, all good fun. Mr. Craig does a pretty good job as the new Bond and he does look quite yummy in those bespoke suits. The plot line is typical Bond formula - evil mastermind bent on revenge, beautiful girl under evil mastermind's control, lots of stuff blowing up, stiff upper lips all around and then they throw in an homage to Classic James Bond! In order to avoid being tracked by surveillance Bond gets the original Bond car out of storage (complete with hidden machine guns and everything else) and off he goes with the classic guitar riff accompanyment!! Raph Fiennes is there to add more masculine goodness to the mix and Dame Judy does such a good job as the implacable (and never wrong) M. The new Q is quite geeky and quite good, no exploding pens for him. All in all, 4 paws and 2 thumbs up - a couple of hours of Bond fun to while away a few hours.

50 years of James Bond - wow.
A house without a cat is not a home.

"Always have bail money." 50 Cent

The Ghost of Case
Stony Snow Leopard
Stony Snow Leopard

Re: Skyfall

Postby The Ghost of Case » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:15 pm

Javier Bardem was fucking amazing as the bad guy.

Well done film, I purchased the DVD.
My hovercraft is full of eels!

MeowGoodness
Functional Catnip Addict
Functional Catnip Addict

Re: Skyfall

Postby MeowGoodness » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:28 am

I saw this one in IMAX. The sound was overwhelming, so I can see how they won the Oscar for Sound Engineering, as well as for best Song. Adele was perfection. It was a story line to really make use of Dame Judi Dench's abilities as M, even more so than "The World is Not Enough". I also echo Case's sentiment about Javier Bardem. He really does make a very suitably sinister baddie.

I bought the Bond 50 set as a self-birthday present, now I've ordered the Skyfall blu-ray to complete the set... :happy:
Never underestimate the power of positive nudity.

Return to “Entertainment & Media”