Zero Dark Thirty

Moderators: GlamDude, jim_test, The Ghost of Case

The Ghost of Case
Stony Snow Leopard
Stony Snow Leopard

Zero Dark Thirty

Postby The Ghost of Case » Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:07 am

Not as good as the previous effort by Katherine Bigelow (The Hurt Locker) this one is still a decent ride.

We all know how it ends - Bin Laden is killed, the movie tells us how we got to that ending.

It's overlong by 30-45 minutes. The beginning and middle have a lot of people talking about many things, and it all gets a little tiresome at times. But the last third gets pretty gripping, and overall this is a good movie. Not for the kiddies or faint of heart. At all.
My hovercraft is full of eels!

shaza
Lap Warmer
Lap Warmer

Re: Zero Dark Thirty

Postby shaza » Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:49 pm

Good to know- I want to see it.

Is it me or is it lately the trend that all movies seem overlong - so many of them approaching 3 hours now and now always with useful content in that time

Janey
Bast Blasphemer
Bast Blasphemer

Re: Zero Dark Thirty

Postby Janey » Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:01 pm

shaza wrote:Good to know- I want to see it.

Is it me or is it lately the trend that all movies seem overlong - so many of them approaching 3 hours now and now always with useful content in that time

It's Oscar season. All the "serious" films are coming out. And, as we all know, serious = long. And sad. And preferably featuring disabled people. What was the last comedy to win? Annie Hall in 1977?
"Why don't you try reading the rules, Shankopotamus?"--the Etrade Baby"You'll only regret your economies."--Reynolds Price, Ardent Spirits

Return to “Entertainment & Media”