TOO MANY FREAKIN MOVIES!

Moderators: GlamDude, jim_test, The Ghost of Case

shaza
Lap Warmer
Lap Warmer

TOO MANY FREAKIN MOVIES!

Postby shaza » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:07 pm

There's a saying here about London buses - you wait forever for one and then suddenly 3 come along at once.

Too many films out right now and I want to see all of them:
Life of Pi
Lincoln
Zero Dark Thirty
Django Unchained

I'm sure I'm forgetting some others

But time is short and going to the cinema these days practically means taking out a second mortgage.

Gaahhhh.

Honeybun
Catbox Archaeologist
Catbox Archaeologist

Re: TOO MANY FREAKIN MOVIES!

Postby Honeybun » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:36 am

Tell me about it! I have given up going to the cinema, instead I buy the DVD's once the price has reduce therefore less than the price of a cinema ticket. Just means I have loads of DVD's now and I don't get to see anything for ages. :crazy:

badplantmommy
Feral Fecal Freak
Feral Fecal Freak

Postby badplantmommy » Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:41 pm

I hadn't been to the movies in over a decade until I went with a friend a couple of weeks ago. She goes to the movies regularly, even though she's probably less able to afford it than I am, but she usually goes to a theater where it is $6 if you go before noon (apparently that's cheaper than the senior discount, which she qualifies for but I don't). But we don't exactly have the same taste in movies. I am open to almost anything, as long as it's not too gory, but I really enjoy chick flicks, romantic comedies, art films, the occasional foreign film, movies about rock n roll, etc. She prefers action films, although there are some comedies she likes. We went to see This is 40. While it wasn't the best movie I'd ever seen, I didn't hate it, didn't mind the vulgarity (hey, I watch Family Guy! ;-) ), found things to like and relate to in it. Meanwhile, my friend was sitting next to me, saying "this is the worst movie I've ever seen." She probably says that about a lot of movies, I'm guessing. :smile:

--J--
Is that all there is?

neko2
Wee Gobby Shite
Wee Gobby Shite

Postby neko2 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:25 pm

I know how you feel. I took Livi to Wreck it Ralph on Saturday. It $30 for the tickets and snacks. I think we'll just buy them as it's cheaper with an occasional big screen trip minus snacks.

Return to “Entertainment & Media”