Add to your queue

Moderators: GlamDude, jim_test, The Ghost of Case

Janey
Bast Blasphemer
Bast Blasphemer

Add to your queue

Postby Janey » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:15 pm

Thought I might resuurect this thread for fans of Netflix, Amazon, etc. Not everything is necessarily brand new, but jewels are jewels, aren't they? No matter their age. :thumbsup:

So, let's see...what have we been enjoying? We've been watching Foyle's War. ITV miniseries, I think, rebroadcast on Masterpiece in the States. Mysteries set during WWII on England's southeast coast. It is tiptop in historical accuracy, and the plotlines arise out of the war itself. Michael Kitchen is the titular Detective Foyle, with a nice blend of sharpness and geniality.

I've been revisiting Ian Richardson's Machiavellian turn in House of Cards (BBC series from 1990). Delightfully cruel, in a whispering, raised-eyebrow sort of way. I hear the series is being remade for American tv. It'll be totally toothless. We just (and my hat is off) aren't as wicked as the Brits. Your schoolgirls can reduce our Navy Seals to tears. :thumbsup:

More later.
"Why don't you try reading the rules, Shankopotamus?"--the Etrade Baby"You'll only regret your economies."--Reynolds Price, Ardent Spirits

Pacific63
Cougar
Cougar

Re: Add to your queue

Postby Pacific63 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:28 pm

I love Foyle's War, but I don't always catch it. I like the British mystery series, Lewis, Rosemary & Thyme etc.

badplantmommy
Feral Fecal Freak
Feral Fecal Freak

Postby badplantmommy » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:58 pm

Pacific63 wrote:I love Foyle's War, but I don't always catch it. I like the British mystery series, Lewis, Rosemary & Thyme etc.

I've never watched Foyle's War, but I love Rosemary & Thyme.

--J--
Is that all there is?

jim
Dicktater Supreme
Dicktater Supreme

Postby jim » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:14 am

Trollhunter.

Pleasantly surprising.
"Who is in charge? The motherfucking wave function is in charge!" - Jeem, Dicktater Supreme - MCHY

Ireneb
Catbox Archaeologist
Catbox Archaeologist

Postby Ireneb » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:02 pm

Mrs. Brown's Boys. Irish comedian called Brendan O'Carrol, in the role of an Irish mother. Very broad comedy that has me crying with laughter.
I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals. -- Winston Churchill

Pacific63
Cougar
Cougar

Postby Pacific63 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:09 pm

I've seen youtube clips of Mrs. Brown's Boys, Really funny!!

lucy
Sabertoothed Poster
Sabertoothed Poster

Postby lucy » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:18 am

Ireneb wrote:Mrs. Brown's Boys. Irish comedian called Brendan O'Carrol, in the role of an Irish mother. Very broad comedy that has me crying with laughter.

Oh jaysus, the episode when she gets a waxing. I was laughing so hard I couldn't breathe. Pure genius :bow: :elyay:

Ireneb
Catbox Archaeologist
Catbox Archaeologist

Postby Ireneb » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:18 pm

lucy wrote:
Ireneb wrote:Mrs. Brown's Boys. Irish comedian called Brendan O'Carrol, in the role of an Irish mother. Very broad comedy that has me crying with laughter.

Oh jaysus, the episode when she gets a waxing. I was laughing so hard I couldn't breathe. Pure genius :bow: :elyay:

Here is the YouTube link. A word of warning, this is not for the faint hearted.

For the uninitiated, Mrs Brown is played by an Irish comedian called Brendon O'Carroll. Here he/she is with best friend Winnie who is helping with the bikini wax:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wtfq7NM ... ata_player
I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals. -- Winston Churchill

Dandelion
Three-legged Mutant Kitteh
Three-legged Mutant Kitteh

Postby Dandelion » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:07 pm

Tears were running down my face! Too funny! ^^ "I feel like there's a hedgehog livin' in me knickers!" :rofl:

Return to “Entertainment & Media”