Countdown to Season 3 of Downton Abbey

Moderators: GlamDude, jim_test, The Ghost of Case

Janey
Bast Blasphemer
Bast Blasphemer

Countdown to Season 3 of Downton Abbey

Postby Janey » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:56 pm

Yes, I know, I know. It's a threepenny opera (soap opera) in which everyone seems to be carved from lowfat cream cheese and has claret running through their veins. But still, here I sit. Bug-eyed before the tv. With bated breath and a half-eaten bag of m&m's.

Mary and Matthew had better make with the nude-and-bonk. A more histrionic and tedious couple never haunted England's green and pleasant fields. Anemic-looking, too. Wraith-like paleness. Try to work up a flushed cheek, my dulcet dullards.

Bring on Thomas and O'Brien. Less saintly Master Bates and his whingeing bride. And bucketloads of Dowager Lady Grentham (Dame Maggie). And a bit of something she fancies for poor Lady Edith.

Now, shut up. It's starting. I hope Shirley Maclaine keeps her wig screwed on and her astral plane levelled out. Lord love a duck. A decent American actress is too much to ask...?
"Why don't you try reading the rules, Shankopotamus?"--the Etrade Baby"You'll only regret your economies."--Reynolds Price, Ardent Spirits

Ireneb
Catbox Archaeologist
Catbox Archaeologist

Re: Countdown to Season 3 of Downton Abbey

Postby Ireneb » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:08 am

It's ok, Janey, I still think of you as a nice person. Just hope that soon you will get Parade's End, the Ford Madox Ford classic, serialised in five parts for BBC2: more realistic than Downton. And with Benedict Cumberbatch, not to mention Rufus Sewell.
I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals. -- Winston Churchill

Janey
Bast Blasphemer
Bast Blasphemer

Postby Janey » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:52 am

Ireneb wrote:It's ok, Janey, I still think of you as a nice person. Just hope that soon you will get Parade's End, the Ford Madox Ford classic, serialised in five parts for BBC2: more realistic than Downton. And with Benedict Cumberbatch, not to mention Rufus Sewell.

Ah, likes me the 'batch. Yes. The BBC Sherlock is brilliant, and he is by far the best Holmes in the canon. Paired with Martin Freeman? Perfection. Can't wait till the third season starts up over here. Rufus Sewell I've gotten to like more as he's gotten older. Pretty boy-dom didn't suit him. Long story short: will keep my eyes open for Parade's End.
"Why don't you try reading the rules, Shankopotamus?"--the Etrade Baby"You'll only regret your economies."--Reynolds Price, Ardent Spirits

tonksrok
Clown Loach Kitty
Clown Loach Kitty

Postby tonksrok » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:04 pm

I managed to stay awake until the end of the episode - Dame Maggie and Madame Shirley were definitely entertaining!!
A house without a cat is not a home.

"Always have bail money." 50 Cent

hot4teacher
Sabertoothed Poster
Sabertoothed Poster

Postby hot4teacher » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:16 pm

Poor, poor ugly Edith. :wah:

hot4teacher
Sabertoothed Poster
Sabertoothed Poster

Postby hot4teacher » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:18 pm

And Rufus Sewell I would bone like I owned. Love him. Always have. Even when he had a wonky eye.

tonksrok
Clown Loach Kitty
Clown Loach Kitty

Postby tonksrok » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:29 pm

The latest episode made me cry - so sad. It was just astounding to me that there were two physicians at Lady Sybil's bedside and they could not do a damn thing for her.
A house without a cat is not a home.

"Always have bail money." 50 Cent

hot4teacher
Sabertoothed Poster
Sabertoothed Poster

Postby hot4teacher » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:23 pm

Didn't watch but I know what happens because like an idiot I read all the spoilers. :wah: I'll catch it next week when they show it right before the new one. Why did she ever hook up with that Irish fuckface anyway? (And I am of at least 1/2 Irish descent that I know of, so I can call my ancestors fuckfaces :happy: ) And the Earl. Sometimes I wanna bitch slap his ass back to QE I.

Return to “Entertainment & Media”