There's an app for that

You think your shit is... the shit? Let us know about it.

Moderators: GlamDude, jim_test, The Ghost of Case

shaza
Lap Warmer
Lap Warmer

There's an app for that

Postby shaza » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:45 pm

Just to share - I have an app on my phone called Epicurious.

It's great if you have a particular ingredient and wonder what you could do with it.

For instance I have a bag of spring greens in my fridge and I'm thinking if I cook those down with garlic and onions one more time I think I'm gonna puke. Epicurious search... voila - Lima bean and greens soup. (amongst a couple hundred other recipes).

Anyway - it's free and it's fun.

PS - I notice Jim has posted rather a lot in this forum... Jeem - you working on a cookbook or something? 500 favourite Cat Hated Recipes? No Tuna in Sight?

lucy
Sabertoothed Poster
Sabertoothed Poster

Re: There's an app for that

Postby lucy » Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:23 pm

I have it too and it is a good one.

My favourite app for cooking is Paprika. Its a recipe data base that you can put all of your recipes on. Unfortunately you have to buy it for each device, iMac, iPad and iPhone, but it is worth every cent. I use the cloud to store all my recipes and I can sync the computer, iPad and iPhone so I have them on everything. A few times I have been out shopping for something and used it to check ingredients or quantities.

There is also a search function on it and depending on the site you can automatically download it. If it cannot do that, you can still save the recipe manually by copying and pasting. It has a shopping list function too that you can select or deselect items off the ingredient list.

Calypso
Agoraphobic Asshat
Agoraphobic Asshat

Re: There's an app for that

Postby Calypso » Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:38 pm

I also use Epicurious - you can search for a type of recipe or a meal course or even for recipes for specific ingredients.

Return to “Food / Recipes”