RIP my little ones , River, Adolf, Patty, and Lucky

Vidz! Picz! Storiez!

Moderators: GlamDude, jim_test, The Ghost of Case

Too many cats
Functional Catnip Addict
Functional Catnip Addict

RIP my little ones , River, Adolf, Patty, and Lucky

Postby Too many cats » Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:37 am

I finally found River and Adolf today after searching for them for 2 weeks. Patty and Lucky are still missing and I wont stop looking until I find them too.

River and Adolf were both hit by cars and had somehow managed to crawl into a water drain pipe under the driveway between the ditches after being hit. Both were pretty broken, but most upsetting was seeing one of River's beautiful blue eyes had popped out and ruptured.

I have been insanely looking for them every second since they disappeared. I knew they were dead because both were extreme Mama's boys and would never just up and leave me. But now I have closure, bittersweet, but at last I know where they are.

Tim very lovingly dug the holes for them and waited for me to bury them my ' crazy cat lady way' . Covered with a blanket of fresh cat nip with their heads laying on a pile of cat food. And, me, touching their decaying toes and ears and snipping fur to keep with me until we meet again at Rainbow bridge.

All were on death's door when they came to me. River's distemper recovery took 98 days and endured the most extreme suffering I had ever worked with. He was such a fighter. Patty and Adolf were abandoned after severe neglect. But after saving them, River's feet never touched grass in his life as I kept him inside with me. And Adolf and Patty were stuck in the enclosure for years. They had a good life but they were not happy. Until we moved out here to the country were they ran and chased butterflies all day. As Tim put it ..... they were finally able to be cats .....and they were free... and finally happy. They died knowing this and they were so loved :smile:
We're all fucked up in our own special way. I love that.

Too many cats
Functional Catnip Addict
Functional Catnip Addict

Re: RIP my little ones , River, Adolf, Patty, and Lucky

Postby Too many cats » Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:46 am

And, Lucky ..... she was Tim's baby . A beautiful gray tortie. They knew a language all their own. Tim would talk to her and she always answered. She disappeared a couple of days after me and my 18 cats moved in. She took one look at all of us and I'm assuming freaked out ....who wouldn't ...being invaded like that.

She was dearly loved and Tim still calls for her, without an answer. It's truly heartbreaking to hear. But even with his loss, he accepted and welcomed my cats, built me a new enclosure, and has never blamed me for her disappearing like she did so soon.

I have been truly blessed to have found such a loving soul who loves my cats too unconditionally. Thank you Tim, I love you
We're all fucked up in our own special way. I love that.

Ireneb
Catbox Archaeologist
Catbox Archaeologist

Postby Ireneb » Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:58 am

I've only just seen this. I'm so sorry, TMC, you must be devastated to lose them like that.

What happened, did they stage a mass escape one day?
I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals. -- Winston Churchill

neko2
Wee Gobby Shite
Wee Gobby Shite

Postby neko2 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:47 pm

Lots of hugs to you both.

Return to “Feline Miscellany”