#catchat Mad cat ladies meeting

Vidz! Picz! Storiez!

Moderators: GlamDude, jim_test, The Ghost of Case

Ireneb
Catbox Archaeologist
Catbox Archaeologist

#catchat Mad cat ladies meeting

Postby Ireneb » Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:08 am

Had lovely time yesterday with 27 other mad cat ladies (there were four men there also) who I'd met on Twitter. Had lunch in central London with them, most of us didn't know each other so we had badges with our cats for ID.

I was staggered how far some of them travelled (Massachusetts and California, not to mention far flung parts of England like Hull and Durham). It was so nice to put faces to the twitter names.

One of the US visitors works for PetMate and had arrived with a huge carrier bag with gifts. She positively showered us with freebies she'd brought along - grooming mitts, fatcat catnip toys (which Rani ignores, although she loves the bag of catnip leaves, I think she mainlines on those) and different types of cat carriers. I had no idea you could get special ones for on aircraft. Glad I didn't won one of those, though, it would have been wasted on me. The only time Rani travels is to the vet and then under huge protest all the way there, although she is usually silent.

Maybe, one day, if this forum doesn't completely turn up its toes and die, there could be an MCHY event, although the US is so large you'd be hard pushed to find somewhere everyone could get to.
I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals. -- Winston Churchill

MarciaCat
Lion King
Lion King

Re: #catchat Mad cat ladies meeting

Postby MarciaCat » Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:00 pm

I was following that on twitter, all the pictures, vines and videos; looks like everyone had a grand time. I would've loved to be there, it would've been an awesome introduction to England for me.

That's awesome about the Petmate lady, I saw the pics of the various cat beds and carriers folks won. Too bad Her Highness Rani didn't care for the toys, some cats are just that way, they prefer nothing between them and pure unadulterated catnip!

I recall in the past there were small regional U.S. MCHY meet-ups years ago, never made it to one though.
"Nothing good comes from whiners." -Vonneybeth

Ireneb
Catbox Archaeologist
Catbox Archaeologist

Postby Ireneb » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:15 am

MarciaCat wrote:I was following that on twitter, all the pictures, vines and videos; looks like everyone had a grand time. I would've loved to be there, it would've been an awesome introduction to England for me.

That's awesome about the Petmate lady, I saw the pics of the various cat beds and carriers folks won. Too bad Her Highness Rani didn't care for the toys, some cats are just that way, they prefer nothing between them and pure unadulterated catnip!

I recall in the past there were small regional U.S. MCHY meet-ups years ago, never made it to one though.

If there is another #catchat you can use it as an excuse to come over for a holiday!
I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals. -- Winston Churchill

neko2
Wee Gobby Shite
Wee Gobby Shite

Postby neko2 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:57 am

When the board was more active people met up. We met Marlos in Belgium when we lived in Germany. We weren't able to meet up with Catrin in Stuttgart as we were closer to the Netherlands/Belgium border.
In SD BKD and MC were close but never got to met them. Small children can make it hard. If we get to travel around again I hope to meet more.
If any come through central Florida let me know!!

shaza
Lap Warmer
Lap Warmer

Postby shaza » Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:09 pm

oooh - that sounds like it was good fun

Return to “Feline Miscellany”