Lost County Kitties :(

Vidz! Picz! Storiez!

Moderators: GlamDude, jim_test, The Ghost of Case

hot4teacher
Sabertoothed Poster
Sabertoothed Poster

Lost County Kitties :(

Postby hot4teacher » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:32 pm

So, you all know MeMow disappeared not long after we moved thanks to a windstorm. And now we haven't seen Bucky for over two months. Steve thinks they just take off and live in the orchards or vineyards, but she "checked in" at least once a day at our other house for three years! And when we moved in here in March, she "checked in" once a day up until May 31st. We haven't seen a sign of her since. My fear is that she DID go all the way into the orchards and one of the coyote packs got her. I feel super-guilty, but I could NEVER have made her or MeMow inside cats - they were semi-feral. I never touched one of them with my hands - we only got them to the vet by trapping. I really wish she would just show up or we'd at least find a body or skeleton for some "closure." I'm also afraid maybe she walked through the corrall and one of the burros stomped her, she ran into the pasture and died. We can't search in 22 acres of waist-high pasture, though - it's impossible. :wah:

hot4teacher
Sabertoothed Poster
Sabertoothed Poster

Re: Lost County Kitties :(

Postby hot4teacher » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:33 pm

This is supposed to say "COUNTRY" kitties - but I can't seem to change the title in the edit mode.

tonksrok
Clown Loach Kitty
Clown Loach Kitty

Postby tonksrok » Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:04 pm

Awwww - maybe they tried to get back to their old territory. Have you checked to see if they showed up there? Cats don't like change very much and will make an effort to get back to what they consider to be their territory.
A house without a cat is not a home.

"Always have bail money." 50 Cent

Ireneb
Catbox Archaeologist
Catbox Archaeologist

Postby Ireneb » Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:01 am

It's horrible when they go awol and you have no idea what happened. If she's in an orchard she could shin up a tree in no time to escape coyotes, I guess.

And it may well be that they both thought "Yippee, free at last" and are cheerfully murdering any small mammals they come across and feeding themselves.

But no need to feel guilty, you've done your best for all of them, goats included.
I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals. -- Winston Churchill

Return to “Feline Miscellany”